Gained weight

Options
Hi
Needing advice on my weight loss
Been going to the gym 6 days a week consists of hiit, I never read readings from machine as I use a fitbit charge 2 that monitors my rates.
machines I use are bike, cross trainer, treadmill and stairmaster I do approx 15 minutes on each. Saturdays I include various bench presses, Sunday is my day of rest. My daily calorie consumption is 1,500 this consists of
Breakfast 50g porridge, lunch 2x salad sandwich thin with 25g cucumber and 25g tomatoes​.
Dinner 125g wholegrain quinoa & rice, 250g steamed chicken, 50g peas & onion. Then 6pm I will have USN dietfuel ultralean 2 scoops 55g

Male, 40.
Hieght 5ft 8in
Weight 255Ibs

Any help appreciated regards what I'm doing wrong

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you gained in what time frame?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    If you just started this exercise routine you will gain weight (weight, not fat). It will eventually go away but might take up to a month or 6 weeks.
  • kimberlydulaney
    kimberlydulaney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi community. I started about two months ago. I already did high intensity work outs 2-3 times a week, but with calorie counting I started walking 45 min each day and an extra work out to the week. I weighed myself and gained about 18 lbs. though I feel like I lost weight. It’s a bit fustrating.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Do you eat this exact meal plan every day, or is this just a general example? Do you drink alcohol, have snacks, or other drinks/sauces/oils that might not be accounted for here?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your calories? Weighing your food on a scale or eyeballing it? At your height and weight, if you are actually only eating 1500 calories, you should be losing steadily. Weight loss isn't about how much exercise you get, it's determined by how much food you eat-eating at a calorie deficit makes you lose weight. If you've been at this for a while and not losing, then you are eating more than you think.