I am attempting to lose 25 lbs in 6 weeks.

Options
I hope this is a goal that I can reach. I would love to get back to college football weight. Six weeks of misery and pain should equal a Summer of feeling comfortable in the pool.

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sorry but that isn't at all healthy... MFP is meant for people that want to lose weight the healthy way 1-2 lbs per week. What you are trying to do is 4.166 per week... starving.

Good luck but maybe you should reconsider your personal goal.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Very ambitious goal – good luck! :)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Sorry but that isn't at all healthy... MFP is meant for people that want to lose weight the healthy way 1-2 lbs per week. What you are trying to do is 4.166 per week... starving.

Good luck but maybe you should reconsider your personal goal.

Agreed, you shouldn't aim to lose anymore than 1 percent of your total body weight per week. That is going to be brutal to yourself and your body.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Wow! That's a little over 4 pounds per week. Just do it smartly. There are weeks that you may lose less, but some that you may make up for it. I just hope 4 pounds is attainable for you. Good luck, and don't forget your water!! :drinker:
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    bad bad bad !!! don't do it!
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    As they said it's extremely unhealthy and very dangerous but I don't even think it's possible. 4 pounds a week is about 12,000 calories you need to burn off and that's 2,000 a day. So if you eat 2300 a day to maintain you'd have to only eat 300 calories a day. You'd probably be dead or in a coma by week 6. Don't spend the summer in the hospital! haha
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You might be able to do it but it would probably be temporary because you wouldn't be able to maintain the actions needed to do it in the 1st place. Some of us are so into instant gratification, and that's probably what got us into this mess in the first place. If you lost 1/2 that weight you may be very surprised with the changes in your body and be content with that. Good luck with your journey.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    What is your actual goal? Are you looking to just have the scale show a lower number or just look good without a shirt on at the beach? Losing that much weight that fast is "possible" since we see it happen on the biggest loser. People losing 5 to 10 lbs a week. But of course they are in a control environment with only good food and working out 6+ hours a day.

The only way I can think of losing that much weight that fast would probably be atkins. I actually did it for 2 weeks with a friend because she was getting married in 2 weeks and she freaked out because she couldn't fit in her dress. We both went on atkins because it is easier to diet with a friend. I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks. Mind you I am only 5'8 and was only 175-180 lbs at the time. After that I stopped because I felt that was too much too fast. Plus I just couldn't eat that much meat all the time...haha.

Oh by the way, once I got off atkins the weight i lost came right back on.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    And where the heck are you going to find the time and energy after working and going to school full-time and being a husband and father? Something is bound to suffer, and it will probably be your health and in the long run, your family! Be good to yourself so you can be around for others! I'm a full-time mom and I take care of other people's kids so they can work and it seems my weight-loss journey is a part-time job. Thankfully my kids are older and more independent, so I can leave them to go to the gym, but I still feel guilty, like I'm taking away from family time. Try to incorporate the entire family so you are together and doing something good for everyone involved. I run with my husband.

Just be careful.
  • Rwiersema41
    Rwiersema41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It was a realistic goal. I did drop the weight but I am gaining it all back. I cut my Calories to 1300/ day with the majority of them being protein. I use many vitamins and supplements. I eneded up losing 10 lbs the first week. The only thing I did was 60 to 75 min of lifting each day and a 45 min run every morning. No starving, kids had plenty of time with their dad, my studies and grades remained high and my wife was still happy with everything I do around the home. However, a high protein diet stalls the metabolism and I gained back alot of the weight I lost already. In the last four weeks I gained 18 lbs. Two weeks were vacation with a lot of drinking and eating. Well wish me luck again because I am back on the diet again. This time I am looking to lose 50lbs and have abs again and I plan on doing it in 90 days. It is healthy and safe. It is science... Has anyone every watched how bodybuilders drop 40-60 lbs in months before they have a show.
  • Rwiersema41
    Rwiersema41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is not starving. I eat every two hours and I consume a lot of food that is low calorie and high protein...
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've just done that... Accidentally...

Baring in mind I've only just started to diet and so I very much doubt I'd be able to do it again. But I really don't think you should be aiming for that, as proud as I am of myself, it's crazy unhealthy and you'll probably just pile it all back on within a week.