Needing ideas

Options
Hey everyone!

So I’m trying to cut down my body fat percentage and was wondering if anyone had any small tips that I could slowly incorporate into my life till it’s habit.

I cut out pop and drink something instead. I’ve cut my creamer intake in half. I already work 5-6 days a week. I do cardio most days just because I enjoy it. But I lift weight 3-4 days a week. I’ve just started lifting heavier too. I’d say I have moderate to intense workout.

I’m not a 100% healthy eater. I do watch portion sizes and I’m mindful of what oils I use to cook with. I rarely eat out.

I know I could add more veggies to my diet and also fruit. So any suggestion in how to incorporate more or really any idea. I know I can just eat them but if anyone has a clever way to ingest more would be helpful.

Im trying to cut body fat and I know it’s coming down to nutrition or at least that’s what I’m guessing also paired with really high expectations of too soon too fast.

Anyways let me hear your clever ways you’ve cut fat and made you diet more nutritious without feeling like your on a true diet.
I don’t want to be on a diet, I want to incorporate this into my everyday life.

That was winded!
Thank you

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This may be obvious, but have you been using the MFP tracker to track and plan your meals? I enter all of my meals for the day ahead of time so that I know exactly what I am eating, and that I will be on track. I tend to eat fairly healthfully most of the time anyway, so get in lots of veggies, some fruits, lean proteins etc. But also make room for snacks or treats or things I love and am craving. The key to not having it feel like a "diet" is to not change your diet more than necessary, and make sure you are still eating the foods you enjoy.
    So yes - main tips:
    Pre-enter and pre plan all meals (or as many as possible)
    Weigh everything so that you are tracking accurately. Get a good food scale if you don't have one.
  • asellitti6523
    asellitti6523 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As far as fruits and veggies go you can look into some smoothie recipes and if you need an added sweetener you can use stevia. Another thing that helps me and my wife is making sure to clean, sort, cut up fruits and veggies into individual server containers right when we get home from the store. You will snack better if you make accessing nutritious foods quick and convenient. Another thing we did was look for zero or reduced sugar condiments and make sure we were buying light salad dressings that were half the calories of normal dressing. Another thing with salads is how to apply dressing. Put it into a bowl with a lid, pour in dressing and shake up. You will use far less dressing but get the dressing distributed better on the salad by shaking it up where you won't feel like you are missing out on flavor. Use the cholesterol free liquid egg whites to supplement or replace whole eggs. They pack a similar protein but without nearly 3/4 of the calories.