Recs for a utility weight bench that can be stored out of the way

Options
I need to modify my daily workout routine from attending a gym every morning to doing a home workout certain days of the week. I have adequate space in my garage for a dumbbell/kettlebell/calisthenic and would like to get an adjustable utility bench for doing different dumbbell movements like flat and incline presses/lifts. I don't intend to do barbell lifts so only need a bench that can go from flat to various inclines.

The ones at my gym are substantial and heavy. I'd like to identify a versatile bench that I can hopefully lift and hang up and out of the way on the garage wall as I have to reclaim the workout space at the end of the workout. I know a sturdy bench is going to be heave so guess I'm looking for a happy medium of sturdiness and portability. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a Marcy Pro PM-507 and it gets the job done. Legs are foldable and there's a welded handle on the side for carrying. I don't have stability issues with it, but I could see people complaining that it's not as stable side-to-side as a standard/regular bench, and I would not recommend it for against-the-bench lifts, like hip thrusts. I would give it a shot and you can always return it if it doesn't work out.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I've used a good quality stability ball for years instead of a bench for DB and to challenge bodyweight ab and glute moves - you might look up techniques for doing whatever you do that way, regardless whether to get a bench. I came across this guy only recently, added a few new wrinkles for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6EQFCDcLyc&list=LL&index=5
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I got a PASYOU adjustable FID bench from Amazon for lifting dumbbells at home when gyms were closed during COVID. FLYBIRD makes similar ones. I’m happy with it, it folds up nicely.

I’ve used it for benching with barbells, but kept the weight light because it doesn’t have a rack.