Options
Hello!

Today is the first day of my new, healthy, more aware of what i eat regime!

I'm here to get healthy, loose weight, feel great! Any help and advise welcome! x

Replies

• moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You certainly have come to the right place. This site is life changing. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. The diary format is very user friendly and informative. The support is great. Ask questions on just about anything and there is usually someone out there to help support you on your journey. Keep logging in daily for best results!:flowerforyou: Good luck and welcome!
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. :flowerforyou:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Log on everyday. Try not to bring foods into the house that will temp you. Log foods before you eat them and you can make changes if you need to. Welcome and good luck.
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    Use this everyday.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    the mental side of doing what you need to do to lose weight and be healthy can often be more of an issue than the physical side. You can do things to help the mental side of things. First, fill out your MFP profile with details. Include reasons that you hate being overweight. Include your inspirations and motivations. Include why you want to lose weight and be healthy. Review your profile often.

Second, build an accountability circle. MFP is a nice start, but I think its best to have folks you know in your accountability circle. I started with family and co-workers. I added Facebook. I also made my diary public on MFP so I know others can see what I eat. You have to be accountable to yourself first and foremost...but there will be times where you need/want the support of others.

Finally, as someone suggested, log in everyday and be as accurate as possible with your food diary. It will be shocking to learn how many calories some things are and that has helped me avoid things like the Otis Spunkmeyer 350 calorie "small" cookie.

As far as the physical side of it, eat foods that fill you up longer and do not create an insulin spike which, in turn, creates cravings for more (esp. sugary) food. Eat lean proteins. Eat carbs that have a low glycemic index value. Eat quality, dietary fat. Drink plenty of water each day. Try to avoid or cut back on grains (breads, rice, corn, etc.), sugar (other than natural sugar found in fruit), and processed scientific experiments that are sold as food.