Exercise after work...

2»

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    On average, a casual three times per week jogger has two injuries per year. An injury is defined as missed work or medical treatment. they range from stubbed toes to killed in traffic. That makes jogging about 1000 times more dangerous than working in a sheet metal factory where a million injury free work hours is the norm, not an exception.

Gym exercise injuries from lifting are worse.

Contact sports like pickup basketball take home the injury trophy.

Who misses work or gets medical treatment for a stubbed toe?

When about 10, my kiddo stubbed their toe and the nail died. It grew back ingrown with repeated infections. After several attempts at fixing that (soaking it, antibiotics, etc), they had to have in-office surgery to remove the ingrown part and kill that portion of the nail. They probably had 4-5 doctor appointments and many missed school hours.

Not due to exercise, though, just a freak daily accident.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2022
    On average, a casual three times per week jogger has two injuries per year. An injury is defined as missed work or medical treatment. they range from stubbed toes to killed in traffic. That makes jogging about 1000 times more dangerous than working in a sheet metal factory where a million injury free work hours is the norm, not an exception.

Gym exercise injuries from lifting are worse.

Contact sports like pickup basketball take home the injury trophy.

Who misses work or gets medical treatment for a stubbed toe?

It depends on what you do for work and how bad the toe is. I've seen them where you couldn't put a shoe on.
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    I too struggle because I always have 12-15,000 steps in a day by 2pm and is very labor intensive at work. Once I get home I always promise myself I will do a small workout, but it always ends with me doing absolutely nothing and then hating myself for it lol.