A little off track

Options
Hi all. :smile: Since I have stopped smoking, I have gotten a little off track. I gained several pounds within the first 24 hours that I quit. I've gained 5 in total. I have got off my hiney and moved more than I normally do plus I have even worked out. I still have the 5 pound weight gain. I may be in PMS mode right now though so I am hopeful that it will go away.

I have not ate super good for the past few days. :frown: I'm not eating enough to gain weight but I am eating approximately my maintenance calories. I am trying not to over eat or to splurge and I am wondering if this is more related to PMS than to my quit. I am going to have to find new coping skills and I am going to have to find new things to do when I am bored. I believe that smoking has always curbed my binging. I've realized that it has also been a way for me to "ignore" things. I must get nervous easily because if my kids start bickering, like kids do, I would usually just roll my eyes and go smoke so that I didn't yell at them over something as stupid as them being kids. Now I am actually having to deal with myself.

Well, I wanted a full life makeover. I think that I am getting one.

Down from 8 cups of coffee to two with less than half of the calories per cup.
Quit drinking alcohol
Drinking my 8 cups of water or more plus lots of herbal teas!!
Taking my vitamins
Eating more vegetables and fruits
Quit buying junk food
Buying healthy food for both everyday and snacking
Being accountable for what goes into my body
Moving my body
I quit smoking!! =)
I am starting to look younger, my complexion is clearing back up.
I noticed last night that things smell better when you don't smoke. For example, when I was going to bed, I could smell my deoderant, same that I have always used, but it smelled so good!!
I am no longer codependent
I do things for myself because they make me happy.
I am really happy!!

My makeover is just begining. I can't wait to see my progress at the end of the year!!

Replies

• its time for change
    Options
    Hi all. :smile: Since I have stopped smoking, I have gotten a little off track. I gained several pounds within the first 24 hours that I quit. I've gained 5 in total. I have got off my hiney and moved more than I normally do plus I have even worked out. I still have the 5 pound weight gain. I may be in PMS mode right now though so I am hopeful that it will go away.

I have not ate super good for the past few days. :frown: I'm not eating enough to gain weight but I am eating approximately my maintenance calories. I am trying not to over eat or to splurge and I am wondering if this is more related to PMS than to my quit. I am going to have to find new coping skills and I am going to have to find new things to do when I am bored. I believe that smoking has always curbed my binging. I've realized that it has also been a way for me to "ignore" things. I must get nervous easily because if my kids start bickering, like kids do, I would usually just roll my eyes and go smoke so that I didn't yell at them over something as stupid as them being kids. Now I am actually having to deal with myself.

Well, I wanted a full life makeover. I think that I am getting one.

Down from 8 cups of coffee to two with less than half of the calories per cup.
    Quit drinking alcohol
    Drinking my 8 cups of water or more plus lots of herbal teas!!
    Taking my vitamins
    Eating more vegetables and fruits
    Quit buying junk food
    Buying healthy food for both everyday and snacking
    Being accountable for what goes into my body
    Moving my body
    I quit smoking!! =)
    I am starting to look younger, my complexion is clearing back up.
    I noticed last night that things smell better when you don't smoke. For example, when I was going to bed, I could smell my deoderant, same that I have always used, but it smelled so good!!
    I am no longer codependent
    I do things for myself because they make me happy.
    I am really happy!!

My makeover is just begining. I can't wait to see my progress at the end of the year!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I like the makeover..and your list was great....I wish you well on the "new" you! :happy:

dd
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a big change! Sounds like you're dealing with it really well for as much as you're changing. Just quitting smoking would be great. Keep it up and good luck!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Look at you, wow that's amazing!!! Keep up the great work!