Cleanse Question...

Options
I'm doing a 7 day total body cleanse. It comes with a pretty thorought guidleine for what I should and should not be eating and I am follwoing it thus far (I'm on day 2) but it has led to two questions:

1) To follow the diet plan I am eating at least 200 calories more per day, made up of primarily carbs. Should I be upping my exercise to burn these? (I don't do a "low carb" thing usually, but I am very strict with my calorie intake so that generally means avoiding the more carb heavy foods as they tend to be higher in calories). I guess what I'm saying is, am I going to gain weight if I up my calorie intake while on this? Because that would kinda eliminate the point...

2) How big a deal is it if I have a cup of coffee?!?! I'm dying over here!!! The plan said to drink water, water and more water and I do. But I'm also supposed to avoid caffiene and sugar and you know, anything that would wake my brain up on this foggy monday morning. So, I'm asking for opions. I want to make a single serve Tassimo Latte. 35 calories. How big of a no no is that?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Replies

• Dandersonjr32
    Options
    Cleanse programs are all b*llsh*t, there's nothing to them. A healthy diet with fiber will do the same thing.

There's no such things as the 'nooks and crannys' of your colon, it's a smooth muscle and not an English Muffin.

There isn't one scientific clinical study performed by doctors that show these have any positive health effects.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Don't exercise at all on a cleanse. You should be taking this time to let your body work itself out. You can go for a light walk or something like that, but nothing where you have to think about burning more calories.

I don't know your specific cleanse, but on the one I endorse (the Shakeology 3-Day) you can have coffee only if it's black. And not too much, maybe a cup a day (keep in mind a lot of coffee mugs are 12+ oz and a cup is 8oz).
  • Tinasmythe
    Tinasmythe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to rid of toxins or just colon?

Your coffee is most likely sprayed with pesticides and the cleaning process is not the greatest. I generally take an excedrin to combat the headache. Still not goo for you but will get you through the withdrawals.

A good cleanse...toxin minded will help the body.

A colon cleanse is just that, for those that have trouble with BM it helps. But bodies can become dependent as well.

Good luck and follow what your body says
  • Darkness2120
    Options
    Cleanse programs are all b*llsh*t, there's nothing to them. A healthy diet with fiber will do the same thing.

There's no such things as the 'nooks and crannys' of your colon, it's a smooth muscle and not an English Muffin.

There isn't one scientific clinical study performed by doctors that show these have any positive health effects.

What this man say right here. While I realize you're probably going to do it anyway, keep this info mind: your body has a liver and kidneys for a reason as their job is primarily of detoxifying the body. They do a pretty damn good job of it too, and colon cleansing is a waste as a diet containing enough fiber and water will keep it clean. If they can't do this, you've got much bigger problems that a simple cleanse won't fix. Intestinal plaque is a joke and according to some research, the plaque is actually the colon cleansing product itself; it congealed in the intestinal tract. There are no nooks and crannys in your intestines, I know because I have seen the human intestinal tract up close and personal through various physiology courses at the university. Take this info as you want, in the end you're going to do what you want to do.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

What this man say right here. While I realize you're probably going to do it anyway, keep this info mind: your body has a liver and kidneys for a reason as their job is primarily of detoxifying the body. They do a pretty damn good job of it too, and colon cleansing is a waste as a diet containing enough fiber and water will keep it clean. If they can't do this, you've got much bigger problems that a simple cleanse won't fix. Intestinal plaque is a joke and according to some research, the plaque is actually the colon cleansing product itself; it congealed in the intestinal tract. There are no nooks and crannys in your intestines, I know because I have seen the human intestinal tract up close and personal through various physiology courses at the university. Take this info as you want, in the end you're going to do what you want to do.

I second (and third) the above posts. "Cleanses" and "detoxes" are essentially BS but they sure do sell product! Your body is designed to cleanse itself, as stated above.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options

TRUE! that is so funny!
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of cabbage last week. That "cleansed" me right out.