Chest fat and side fat in the stomach

Options
Hello everyone, this is my first time reaching out to the community and I was wondering which workouts are the most affective to form and loose chest fat and loose fat for the side of my stomach

Replies

• exoxion
    exoxion Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Push ups and incline dumbell press for chest and for abs doing an abdominal circuit 6 days a week like heel touchs v sits alternating heel touchs planks. And enough cardio workouts to melt overall fat throughout the day
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    To lose fat you need to be in a calorie deficit. Concentrate on losing, and exercise to keep muscle mass. Specific exercises to problem areas will help a bit, but losing weight will give noticeable results.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can target muscles with exercise but you can't target fat.

Muscles don't draw energy from nearby fat deposits, a bit like the fuel in your car's tank you don't get to choose which part of the tank the fuel comes from first or last.

You also don't "melt fat" - you burn it for energy and that's where a calorie deficit over an extended period of time comes in.
  • eanders65
    eanders65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Three months after double knee replacements, I am looking for a workout plan so I don’t overdo it but can tone my thighs up. Pt and Dr just say low impact but I am looking for routines.
  • awnurmarc
    awnurmarc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a workout that will cause fat to leave targeted areas of the body. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or ignorant and should not be trusted as an authority on fitness.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, this is my first time reaching out to the community and I was wondering which workouts are the most affective to form and loose chest fat and loose fat for the side of my stomach

You can target muscle with specific exercises, but unfortunately you cannot target fat. You cannot spot reduce fat with any specific exercise. You just have to lose weight overall. Where we store fat is largely genetic...primary fat stores (for many this tends to be the mid section) are a first on, last off kind of thing.