Down in LBS, up in inches? WTH!?!?

Options
Morning!

Well, I weigh myself every morning, but I really, really just count my Monday weigh-ins and measurement. I measure myself from head to toe: neck, chest, biceps, waist, hips, thigh, calf. This morning, I lost about 2lbs some ounces from last Monday, but I went up in inches on my chest, thigh and calf...what gives?

Replies

• Magic_Girl
    Options
    Maybe you are gaining muscle! That's not such a bad thing. =)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Most likely the 2lbs was water weight.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your weight is shifting. I know when I lose a fair amount of weight my body shape will change for a few days until it rebalances itself. It drives me nuts bc it will make clothes I wore the week before fit snugger in a different spot or more loose.......or as PP said building muscle which is a plus! I doubt its permanent tho, prob next week you will see a significant change in inches :)
  • rhinovr
    rhinovr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree - muscle building is great for a few reasons, none less than muscle desintergrates (sp) fat! :smile:
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yep there are some exercises that will actually change the shape of your body. Pilates is one of them but I'm sure there are others. I've given up trying to understand how my body is changing and why it does some things. Some of it makes sense, but others just make me scratch my head. you just gotta roll with it and in a couple of months you'll look back on this and laugh.
  • lpl919
    Options
    your toning yourself don't be so hard on inches or what not if you want to lose the inches than have a good diet starting out with a good breakfeast