Net calories

Options
Good afternoon today is my first day of logging after being off my fitness pal for many years. I've set up my goals and today at breakfast I ate 333 calories but it's saying my net calories is 400. Why would it tell me my neck calories is more than I actually ate I'm super confused. Thank you in advance for your help

Replies

• Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Do you have set calorie goals for each meal? You can set calorie targets for each meal out of your total daily calories so you can have a percentage of calories for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. Its more like a guide so you aren't going overboard in terms of calories for each section. I don't eat breakfast for the most part so I only have a % of calories set for lunch and dinner. If you are a Premium member you can click that tab and go to "calories by meal" to adjust your percentages.

Your net calories is just the guide and what you log is subtracted from that.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,678 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @chinashopgirl64 the way that I understand it (which could very well be wrong LOL) is this, looking at the attached picture I have eaten 1275 calories today but have burned 336 thru exercise leaving my "net" calories for the day at 929, too low to sustain my bodily functions. Depending on who you talk to, I should eat back those calories (some or all) to reach the MFP assigned goal of 1260 calories for the day.
    It sounds like you may have enabled "allow negative net calories" when setting up your profile and MFP thinks you should have burned those 67 calories through activity by now. Since you didn't, it is deducting them from your allowance. If I'm wrong one of the smarter people on these forums will correct me. :p I have enough difficulty with the net calories without allowing negative net calories besides!! :sp0suujyg1jud.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,678 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @chinashopgirl64 unrelated topic...I peaked at your profile (stalker I know LOL). I live down in Maryland, USA but I have a niece who lives in Ottawa and has an organic farm in L'Ange Gardien. When farmer's market season opens up you should check out her produce. *shamelessplug*

And welcome to MFP, I wish you luck on your journey.