I really need a scale.

Options
It's one of those things I didn't have in my house, because I honestly just didn't want to know my own weight. Now however, I'm more inspired and motivated to actually lose weight. Having been overweight for 10+ years finally took it's toll enough on me, and I want to be healthier for my daughter. I find she helps me stay motivated.

Since I don't have a scale I only get weighed when I go to the Dr. for whatever reason. Since I wont be going as frequently, I'm wondering if maybe someone would actually be willing to help me get a scale. [I doubt this, but I can dream and ask right? >_>] I don't know that waiting a month at a time to get weighed is going to help my self esteem at all. [To know whether or not I'm actually making progress.]

I'd be buying one myself if I actually had a job, but I live in St.Joseph Missouri, so the job's are slim pickings if any at all. [I've found that it's mostly the elderly that live here.] But even they sort of inspire me when I seen them power walking around the mall when it's cold outside. Lol.

ANYWAY, Scale... needed. Help? </3

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Put an ad in your local "penny saver" or free newspaper. I'm sure someone would be willing to help... I live a ways away from you otherwise I'd take you to the good will and find ya a working scale for cheap! :-P Us unemployed peeps gotta stick together!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It's one of those things I didn't have in my house, because I honestly just didn't want to know my own weight. Now however, I'm more inspired and motivated to actually lose weight. Having been overweight for 10+ years finally took it's toll enough on me, and I want to be healthier for my daughter. I find she helps me stay motivated.

Since I don't have a scale I only get weighed when I go to the Dr. for whatever reason. Since I wont be going as frequently, I'm wondering if maybe someone would actually be willing to help me get a scale. [I doubt this, but I can dream and ask right? >_>] I don't know that waiting a month at a time to get weighed is going to help my self esteem at all. [To know whether or not I'm actually making progress.]

I'd be buying one myself if I actually had a job, but I live in St.Joseph Missouri, so the job's are slim pickings if any at all. [I've found that it's mostly the elderly that live here.] But even they sort of inspire me when I seen them power walking around the mall when it's cold outside. Lol.

ANYWAY, Scale... needed. Help? </3

You could always just go with your measurements. You can get a good flexible tape measure by the sewing supplies for about $1 and you can track your progess that way until you are ready to get a scale.
  • denverslady
    Options
    Try going by a local pharmacy--many of them have a scale. Also, since you have a lot of elderly there, you might have a few nursing homes--they also have scales. Also, most doctor's offices or clinics will let you weigh on their scale without an appointment if you explain you don't have a scale and you are trying to lose weight in a healthy fashion. Try one of those options and see if it works for you.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You can try freecycle or Craig's list.