Moving over from WW

Options
I've been on WW for almost years. I've lost 80 lbs but gained back about 10. I would like to lose 25 now to be at my healthy goal of 145.
I think I'm just stuck with WW and hoping this is a good kick start for me again
Tagged:

Replies

• leighkennon
    leighkennon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also just left WW and need to lose 25-30 pounds. I think this program is going to be much easier to follow.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I tried WW years ago, and some of its principles will serve you well--e.g., incentivizing lots of veggies and lean protein, and disincentivizing fats, sweets and starches. . . but also building in your own tradeoffs so that you don't have to "give up" any particular food.

For me, tracking calories in and calories burned through activity is a lot simpler!
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hey there, former WW member here as well. I used myfitnesspal for many years on and off, committed and uncommitted. It helped me learn a lot, and I loved the platform.
    My friend then went on WW a few years ago, so I joined her. I didn't mind it, was doing great with it, taught me a lot, and I lost 25 pounds but then COVID happened, gained it back. Without the meetings and motivation I didn't thrive with it. Then recently they changed the programs again, and I didn't love it. So I cancelled and actually tried NOOM to try to get myself motivated again. Hated it. It felt like a chore to me, and this is why I'm back here. It very much reminded me of MFP with the calorie tracking. But MFP is much more superior with tracking and ease.
    But WW definitely taught me a lot with nutrition aspects which I still use and carry with me when I'm trying to better myself.
    Cheers to finding the motivation we need to get where we need to be!