New to this

Good morning fitness pals. My name is Ana I’m 36 years old single mom. This app is my last attempt at getting to my weight loss goal before officially taking the first step towards getting bariatric surgery!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Welcome Ana.
    While I have not had bariatric surgery, I have two close friends who have--one who lost 131 lbs and has maintained a healthy weight for +7 years, and the other who lost about 95 lbs but gained back 80 over about 2 years, and has continued to yo-yo over about a 50 lb range for the past 3 years.

The successful one has oft given this advice: if you're considering the surgery, investigate the eating plan your doctor recommends post-surgery and start eating that way NOW. Train your brain to eat the way you will need to eat after your body changes.

He can only eat about a cup full of food at a time, so had to adapt to many small meals instead of a few large ones. He also has very low tolerance for high-fat foods and sugary foods and has had to find substitutes for favorite "celebration" meals. He also has to limit raw veggies, and complains about having to "cook the $#it" out of any vegetable he eats.