I know what to do... but how to keep doing it?

Options
I know everything I need to do. Stay under 1500 calories. Exercise. Drink water. I lost 60 pounds before, doing what I know to do.

Then I gained 40 of it back. And for the last 9 months, have been starting and stopping. I need to figure out how to make myself start and keep going. I keep getting off track wayyy too easy. How do I find that motivation I once had when I lost 60 lbs?? Why is it so hard this time?

I don't know what I'm asking. I start out with great intentions and motivation and then I just get off track 3 days later... 2 weeks later, etc. Maybe someone else has struggled with this and knows what finally worked for them??

Replies

• Lahdidahdah
    Options
    I don't have an answer, but I have struggled with this too. I think it is BECAUSE we lost the weight before that we psychologically tell ourselves that we can do it, at any time. For me, though, keeping motivated is tied primarily to habit; if it is my habit to plan meals before I leave for work in the morning, and exercise every single day, then I lose weight. It is when I get out of the habit (vacation, illness, etc) that I have to start all over. One thing that has really helped me is to remember to Look Up, not Down, and Look Forward, not Back, and then Look OUT! Good luck to you!
  • Traci76
    Traci76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it is BECAUSE we lost the weight before that we psychologically tell ourselves that we can do it, at any time.

YES, this is it I think! That's exactly it.