Issues with the App

Options
Anyone else having issues completing the dairy or saving uploaded recipes?
Mine started acting up 2 days ago.

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Yaaaas. Cannot save recipes. :s
    ETA: same error message on mobile app and desktop. First noticed yesterday.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    YES!! Driving me crazy. Still wasn’t fixed when I checked today
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it’s been down for about 3 days now. I would screenshot any saved recipes you have, as I have seen people say that they have been getting deleted. MFP may need to be brought offline for a bit for them to fix it
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Based on the message at the top of the forum regarding this outage, and based on the fact that it sounds as if the database in question is "not doing too good" (as in "it sure sounds corrupted") and given what is known about MFP developer bias re expediency vs data protection... I would think that @gpanda103 's fear of potential data loss is FAR from outlandish.

Now whether it is worthwhile to screen shoot, or try to save old entries, that I am not as sure about!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Yaaaas. Cannot save recipes. :s
    ETA: same error message on mobile app and desktop. First noticed yesterday.

I first noticed today. Problem in the Android app and on the website.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Yes, a few days ago I was unable to save edits to a recipe on my phone. The Copy feature would not work. I tried to recreate the recipe on desktop and it would not save it. Very annoying >.<

ETA: still not copying recipes today >.<
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I haven't closed my diary since Friday. For the recipes I been trying, I take a guess using similar entries in the database. I hope the fix comes along soon. I just started this weightloss and the bugs is making it difficult to form a habit.
  • ahoy_m8
    edited April 2022
    Options
    papercut2k wrote: »
    Yeah. I haven't closed my diary since Friday. For the recipes I been trying, I take a guess using similar entries in the database. I hope the fix comes along soon. I just started this weightloss and the bugs is making it difficult to form a habit.

I agree with you! I've been logging years, so a lot of my regular recipes are in there and pretty close (although not exact). But the recipe builder is a BIG part of what makes logging fast and accurate. Without a recipe builder, it's not a very useful logging site, and I work go back to nutritiondata or a newer better one.

Maybe try another site, or try using "meals" in place of recipes in while waiting for a fix. Not a great workaround, but a workaround nonetheless. Good luck to you!

ETA: My bad. Just read support notice that "meals" and "foods" don't work either. No workaround. No ETA for fix. :/
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    Anyone else have experience with different logging sites? From time to time I have seen mention of other sites and I'm interested to learn more.

I used Nutritiondata for years before MFP. Compared to MFP...
    • USDA database with all entries verified (not user sourced)
    • MUCH more comprehensive nutrition data (which I used and miss)
    • can add your own "My foods" but not with barcode feature
    • Recipe builder loads individual ingredients into the daily tracking, so it's messy looking
    • no historical logging. Tracking is just one day at a time. I "prelogged" by creating a recipe called "Wednesday" and then on Wednesday I would add it and tweak the exact quantities as the day went along. It's all a jumble without the handy sections you can label "lunch", "snacks" etc.

I had tons of recipes in nutritiondata that for a long time I was too lazy to reenter in MFP, but ultimately I switched because I had family members using MFP who wanted to log our common meals. I could send them a nutrition label for the recipe from nutritiondata (nice feature), but it was much handier just to "share" the meal from MFP. Alas, sharing is a MFP feature that MFP no longer supports.
  • emy61032
    emy61032 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes! Also, I am trying out the free trial of the upgrade. So far, not impressed (with the upgrade, that is). I am not seeing anywhere we can supposedly get coaching. Does anyone know how the coaching works?(sorry for the change of topic there)
  • chuckees130
    chuckees130 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It won't let me type in my credit card number. But here it lets me type. go figure
  • kshama2001
    Options
    emy61032 wrote: »
    yes! Also, I am trying out the free trial of the upgrade. So far, not impressed (with the upgrade, that is). I am not seeing anywhere we can supposedly get coaching. Does anyone know how the coaching works?(sorry for the change of topic there)

I don't know and suggest you start a new thread with "coaching" in the title.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 -- given issues with PMs... just a heads up that I sent you a PM re your question.
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    @PAV8888 -- Thanks for the DM & the heads up. I haven't seen it :/ but will keep an eye out. Thank you! :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @PAV8888 -- Thanks for the DM & the heads up. I haven't seen it :/ but will keep an eye out. Thank you! :)

Well, I tried!

I've been using Cronometer. In the dm I discussed a long list of plusses and minuses. There's both.

But the switch to two year history with no supported export path was what clinched the move for me.

They do Fitbit slightly differently than MFP, but it does work.
  • ahoy_m8
    Options
    @PAV8888 Thank you again! I just attempted to send you a DM. Yours never turned up but I'm really curious for your observations. Do we have to be friends for DM's to work?
  • kshama2001
    Options
    @PAV8888 Thank you again! I just attempted to send you a DM. Yours never turned up but I'm really curious for your observations. Do we have to be friends for DM's to work?

Last I knew you did indeed have to be friends for DMs to work.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Last I knew you did indeed have to be friends for DMs to work.

@ahoy_m8 's DM arrived to me even though we're not friends. My initial DM to HER did NOT get through. Based on previous observations I would expect that my reply to her DM will get through. I've sent a DM to AnnPT without being MFP friends and the initial DM got through as did her reply. It is somewhat random.