Where’s my petite girls at ?

lilyy555
lilyy555 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
I m 5’1 and I m 133lbs. I m looking to lose 20 pounds. My calories intake right now are 2000cal. What’s ur successful experience in weight loss as petite. I would love to know ur macros. All love

Replies

• cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    I’m 4;11 and I try to stay around 1300 for .5 lb loss a week
  • MagpieFlame
    MagpieFlame Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5'3"; I haven't weighed myself lately (I only do it every couple of weeks; I used to have an eating disorder and I avoid weighing myself with any kind of regularity, as it's super triggering for me), but at last check (a couple weeks ago) I was 181 lbs, down from 217. Still have a long way to go, though!

I've been pretty good about staying between 1200-1300 calories a day; my biggest struggle has been getting enough protein. I just go with the default macros for protein, carbs, fat, etc., (I ignore the one for salt, as I actually have low blood pressure so bring on the sodium!) I don't usually meet those, but since I'm trying to not only lose weight, but also improve my relationship with food and with the whole concept of dieting, I'm actually pretty happy about that. Being able to try and, in some ways, "fail" without giving up or turning it into a binge, or restricting more the next day to "make up for it," has been incredibly valuable to me. I love that MFP has default nutritional values that I don't have to think about; they've really gotten me used to the idea of, "shoot for this goal, but be forgiving if you don't make it." The fact that MFP picked the macros for me, instead of me deciding them, has made that whole process a LOT easier for me. And I'm still making my calorie goals and feeling good!

Good luck!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm 5'0", 129lbs. I'm looking to lose about 12-15lbs, depending on how my clothes fit.

My calorie goal is 1,385. I work from home at a desk but work out 3x a week. You must be very active to have a calorie deficit at 2,000 calories!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,322 Member
    I’m 5’3, 122 pounds and I maintain on 2,100 (more if I’m exercising hard) and will lose weight on c1900. But I do c10hrs weightlifting and accessory work every week, so without as much exercise I’d probably maintain on about 1900 🤔
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 871 Member
    edited April 2022
    I think this will vary greatly with activity level. For reference I run 15-20 (give or take) miles per week. I also probably do a ~3 mile hike twice weekly- weather allowing. Still have yet to find any morels. Grrr.

I'm 5'3" and weigh 120-125. I started at 150 and manually set my net calorie goal to 1450-1500 and ate back my exercise calories.

Now I likely eat ~17-1800 calories per day and have maintained since ~Oct. 2020. However, there are definitely days (typically my long run days) that I eat 2000+ depending on how hungry I am.