Is this a realistic goal

Options
I am attempting to lose 50 lbs in 90 days. I will eat 1400-1600 calories daily while running 45 min in the morning and lifting weights for 60-75 min 5 days a week. I am consuming 250 g or more of protein each day and eating every 2 hrs to keep my muscle mass along with supplements and vitamins. Am I setting an unrealistic goal? I really want a six pack by the holidays.

Replies

• Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    get after it bro!!! sounds like you know what you want, and if you stick to that program, you probably could!

best of luck to you man.. go kill it!!
  • selmax
    Options
    you'll probably be able to do it, just don't overtrain!!!
    good luck!!!!
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am no expert on any of this but my gut tells me you are not going to keep it off if you take it off the quickly. You may want that six pack but I think you will be happier if you don't push yourself so hard to get it. You may think the six pack will be the ultimate, but when it comes down to it.....it is the heart of the person that counts. Good luck with your quest.
  • agetlostgirl
    Options
    Its not totally unrealistic but it would require you to loose a pound every 2 days which is not all that healthy and you probably are going to have to lower your calories even more for that result If you are looking for a quick fix it certainly will be a quick fix but you are going to have to be careful when your done because it will put your body in starvation mode and lower your metabolic rate so you have to slowly go back to what you were eating before or your going to gain all your weight back and then some. good luck
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'd say no. #1 You don't look that overweight to me. #2 Will you have the energy to keep that up??

Reasons: Loosing 50 lbs in 90 days is 3.8 lbs/week (total calorie deficit needed -- 13,300 a week. Over the course of a week you're not even eating that much (~11,000 calories @ 1600/day)

I know guys can lose weight faster than women but that seems like a very lofty goal to loose that much fat AND keep the muscle.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    good luck! if it isnt working you may want to think of upping your calories. i just started a program it it says i should consume 1800 a day, my husband is closer to 2400.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    In my observation, everyone that I've seen lose weight fast by doing some kind of fitness basic training torture or severe diet has burned out and put it back on within the year. I work in a big place, and have seen this happen to several of my fellow coworkers. Same deal as you, work your tail off, look great and then get so damn sick of it, they can't go near a gym without breaking into a cold sweat for a year.

I would say that you would be doing yourself a favor if you concentrated on changing the bad habits and doing something you know you can maintain for life. Maybe you'll only be a little better looking by the holidays, but in a year, you will look great and in five years, you will still look great. Think about changing your lifestyle and your body will naturally change, too.
  • marijane1960
    Options
    A friend lost 30 in 90 running 2mi a day. Thats the best I've seen. Good Luck and keep us posted!!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't know about realistic, but it certainly isn't healthy.
  • Rwiersema41
    Rwiersema41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did drop the 25 in april but gained most back already. Now I'm 6`1 256lbs and would like to be between 200 to 210. I was really just checking if anyone else was able to accomplish a high amount in a short time.