New to Fitness Pal

Options
Hi, my name is Terri. I am 45 years old and happily married for 16 years. We have five amazing children and live in the NW. I currently weigh 131 lbs and 5'0 tall. My goal is to lose 15 lbs and to get fit and healthy. I have tried many diets and exercise plans and can't seem to stick to any of them. So far this site is easy to use and I hope I can find my nitch. I am looking for a community that will help me be accountable and to motivate me to keep going. I am looking forward getting to know all of you. Terri:flowerforyou:

Replies

• cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too - have been logging on for a couple of weeks. Feel free to add me if you want. Good luck!
  • CharlesK07
    Options
    Terri, Welcome to MFP, You came to the right place for motivation, support and accountability. I would be more than happy to keep you on the right track to succeed. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • blakerickman
    Options
    Hey im new to this.... jus got it yesterday... add me
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've tried lots of fad diets, too. This site works and I'm learning a lot! I've lost more weight here and kept it off. Stick to it and stay positive.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today too!
    I am 46 and have 5 amazing kids as well, although they are probably older than yours (28, 25, 23, 19, 16).

Try sticking with a fitness goal instead of just weight loss. I love my sweets, but have found strawberry protien powder with frozen banana smoothie is *almost* as good as a milkshake LOL. I say almost because my brain still knows the difference but my tongue is satisfied enough to walk away from the other stuff.

Best wishes and welcome to the crew!
    Grace
  • SSRoche
    Options
    Hi there,

I am new to this also, just started today with trying to write down everything that goes in my mouth. I am 23 years old and weigh 135lbs at 5"1". My problem has always been my height and I have tried different diets and exercise plans but can't seem to stick to any of them. I got engaged in January and we are going to Jamaica in March 2012 for our wedding. I want to do whatever it takes to feel comfortable in my dress and I want to be able to wear a bikini the entire time we are there. I would like to loose between 15 and 20 lbs.
    This website looks like a great place to talk to people and to get the motivation we need. Good luck to you and I hope we all reach our goals!!!

Sarah :)
  • kristinmarie331
    Options
    HI ALL!!!!!! I am new here too!!!! Just started today!!!!! Always looking for friends!!!!!! Everyone work hard and if you need support let me know!!!!!!!:happy:
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    HELLO FELLOW WEIGHTLOSS WISHERS!!

I am new to this today, please be nice :)

Recently I used a website similar to this but they charged me after 5 days free trial, very cheeky.

So glad I joined this site and I am very excited to go from 168lb to 119lb by Christmas!

I've been going to the gym since April 2011 and weight wise, I have lost nothing, but my shape has changed slightly and I am more toned than before, so something must be going right.

I look forward to exchanging tips with everyone xx
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention I am only 5"3 (and a half - gotta add that!) so completely weight more than I should

Welcome to all the other new joiners in this forum!
  • shell13maye
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! If you need encouragement you can add me as a friend and I will be part of that for you! I have been using MFP for over a year and it has helped me keep my weight lost, off!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great community with a ton of support and advice to help you achieve you goal
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is great...many supportive members. You'll find this site helpful.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It seems to be very supportive already. I just posted my first message and have already had a great response. I have belonged to Sparks People for awhile, but it seems like the message boards have become less active. I started out by using the app for this site on my phone, but just logged on to the full site first time today. I really like it so far. :happy:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a facebook buddy that liked it as well as my husband so I decided to give it a go.
    Our kids are not very far apart in age at all! It was harder to get in any kind of exercise, let alone go to a gym when they were younger. My hubby is absolutely the best tho and has always done all he could to help me in that area. Since exercise is where i regain my sanity (after my other 75 kids have sucked it dry LOL) I don't want to go to an actual gym. I prefer the solitude of earbuds and trails. I wait until like 8 or 9 at night and just go until I can't. Fortunately, I live in a large town where the police patrol that area pretty well. They use the high school as their running trail too.