How many hours of sleep do yall get?

2»

Replies

• peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    I probably average 7. I usually wake up quite early, no matter when I go to bed, so if I don't go to bed by 1 am I am still up before 7 am. Usually it doesn't affect me much. It takes about 3 days in a row of bad sleep (less than 6 hours) before I really feel it. I still occasionally stay up all night due to my job (I take care of animals, if there is a sick animal that needs supervision I'm up).
  • kingphilip201
    kingphilip201 Posts: 2 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Week nights when I wake up to the alarm I get between 5 and 6 hours. In bed for 8, however. By Friday I feel like death warmed over.

Weekends and vacation, when I can sleep in to make up for not being able to fall asleep and being awake in the middle of the night, I get around 9 hours.

• dragengofit
    dragengofit Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2022
    Pre-puppy 7-8 hours average
    Post-puppy 5-7 hours average

Those super early mornings are seldom since he's almost 1 now but they kick my butt when they happen!

t464jg8qaqkz.jpg
    fuqktitsiqst.jpg

Adorable pup - get what you're saying. I've got two GSD boys, 2.5 and 4.5 years old, their both mentally stuck at the 4-24 months stage. Just love when they start playing (is dinoseering a word?) at 4:30 am...

469k382hie3f.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    No struggle for sleep for me. I even nap for an hour or so in the afternoon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    I get MAYBE 6 hours a night, and that is broken up, and that is if I am lucky enough to be able to fall asleep easily.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    My entire life (I'm 43), I've required 8-9/night, maybe one night a week could dip below that - BUT, I was not very disciplined about my days, especially in the evenings and pre-bed routines.

I am determined at this point in my life to start finding the success I have failed to obtain. Part of that means I need some more time in my days, and spending that much time in bed simply doesn't work. I need more hours to get more done, but I already know that means the sleep I do get needs to be quality sleep, so I am very metholodically implementing better routines.

I'm trying to cut down to 6-7/night. Last week cut down to 7-8 most nights, and that was fine, this week taking that a step further. I'm hoping to be closer to 6 most nights other than weekends when there's more flexibility.

Yes, I know they "say" you can't train yourself to function on less sleep, but plenty of people have experienced otherwise, and I am finding my sleep quality is much improved with a more disciplined routine and preparation for sleep, and the effect has not been as bad as shorter nights were historically.
  • stafflew62
    stafflew62 Posts: 1 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yes, I have tried sleep studies, getting the sleep apnea treated (slept more soundly between wakeups, still woke up), hypnotherapy (helped more than anything else, still not great), several prescription drugs (woke up just as often, but groggier), all the folk remedies, magnesium, melatonin, eating/not eating before bed, exercising/not exercising close to bedtime . . . . and on and on. So many things.

I hugged your post because I can soooo relate.

In all honesty, quitting smoking is what made my sleep go for a nosedive. As I smoker I could sleep on planes, trains and automobiles, floors, whenever and wherever. That ended. Then it just got worse at menopause.

Current strategies: blackout shades on window, pink noise, white noise, zero caffeine, no napping ever, screen-free before bedtime, wind-down routine, no exercise in evening, weighted blanket, occasional prescription meds

Failed strategies: melatonin, valerian, kava kava, various vile and nasty herbal teas, hyponotherapy

Semi-effective: Natural Factors Tranquil Sleep is the only natural remedy that has ever kind of worked, but it's not 100%

I know how you both feel with not enough sleep, the older (62) I get the worse no sleep gets for me, I just go with the flow anymore. Hang in there ! All we can do !
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Not enough. I was averaging 6.5 hrs according to fitbit. Working hard to get that up to 7hrs, but I'm apparently awake in the night for upwards of an hour, which I'd love to fix as although I wake up it only feels like it's fora few minutes. I'd love uninterrupted sleep but kids, husband, etc I think I'd need my own house to achieve that!
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member
    6 if I’m lucky during the work week 🥴
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2022
    Pre-puppy 7-8 hours average
    Post-puppy 5-7 hours average

Those super early mornings are seldom since he's almost 1 now but they kick my butt when they happen!

t464jg8qaqkz.jpg
    fuqktitsiqst.jpg

Omg I love him!! 😍
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    7-9, for me.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    I get about 7-7.5 a night usually. Sometimes continuous but rarely do I sleep through the night. Pre-kids I couldn’t function with under 7 hours but now I’m pretty good with 7 hours.

I think it depends on how you feel on the amount of sleep you are getting not necessarily how much sleep you get
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited April 2022
    8 hours in bed but not 8 hours of quality sleep. Maybe 4 hours of quality sleep I would guess, at most.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Interestingly enough, now that it's almost 2 months since I posted here, I have successfully been living on 6-6.5 hours of "sleep" each night. I try to be getting into bed at the 7 hour mark, leaving some time to relax, and then able to be lights out going to sleep no later than the 6 hour mark.

Other than a couple nights that cut short (one night I just slept like crap - weather changed and it was way too hot in my room and I hadn't hooked up the AC yet), I've done pretty well overall and haven't been cranky or moody.

It does require a strict routine though, which can be difficult with my night owl boyfriend who gets to sleep for 9+ hours a night and doesn't have to get up until I'm already done with my first job of the day....but other than that, it's worked out just fine.
  • Wolfecatsmom
    Wolfecatsmom Posts: 11 Member
    7 to 8 but at times it's broke up cause I live with cats that wake me up and a puppy.
  • MariaTheGhoul
    MariaTheGhoul Posts: 8 Member
    Usually 7-9 depending on when I went to bed, etc. I also tend to go to bed around 8 most nights. I've made myself a sleep routine to help get me to sleep faster/stay asleep because if I don't get enough sleep I am the worst person ever lol.

I also wake up between 4-5am most days.
  • nx9j4zk5eh
    nx9j4zk5eh Posts: 9 Member
    I’m lucky if I get six hours. More often I hover around 5h 15m, and that’s riddled with multiple disturbances an hour.