Any Tonal Users Here?

Options
Hey all!

I’ve had success in the past working with a trainer friend on cable machines mostly at the gym.

My husband and I decided a few months ago to take the leap and order a Tonal because I think it mirrors what really worked for me in the past.

Just got the call today that it’s here and will be installed this week.

I’m looking forward to getting started. Hoping to find others with experience.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Rad! I've been intrigued with the Tonal since a couple months ago when I started reading about them. They don't have a demo place in our area, but we were on a road trip to Salt Lake City and got to try one out at a Nordstrom there. We were totally sold, and so placed the order a few days ago. Now, the wait begins.

Stoked for you, and hoping to hear from others that have them. I follow the /tonalgym group on Reddit and learn a lot there, too.
  • tenacious_turtle
    tenacious_turtle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome! I’ve joined a few Tonal groups on Facebook and the people using it seem to just love it.

Hopefully your wait isn’t too long. Mine was 9 weeks. :)
  • Steph319x2
    Steph319x2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I ordered our Tonal at the end of Dec - it was installed in early March. He was skeptical that it would replace the gym for him, but after his first week of Tonal workouts he was all-in. I can’t say enough good things about our experience so far!

I find the data Tonal provides around each workout (and progress over time) to be super motivating, and the tech is even better than expected. Not having to think about when to add more weight to an exercise is a game changer for me. Between changing up my diet and consistently using the Tonal I’m feeling great - getting stronger and down 12lbs.
  • tenacious_turtle
    tenacious_turtle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Steph - that’s great news! I can’t wait
  • slcuthrell
    slcuthrell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started (restarted) my health and weight loss journey in February. I’m down 13.4 so far. I have made it a goal for when I drop to under 200 to get one. I have 20 lbs to go and can’t wait. My husband thinks I’m crazy. I’ve joined some of the Tonal groups on Facebook and it excites me to watch all the posts there.
  • feisty_bucket
    Options
    Our Tonal got installed a couple days ago and I've been doing one of the suggested intro programs. It's very beginnery, so I'm also doing more focused workouts on the in-between days. Really liking it so far and getting used to how it operates.
  • wstv1982
    wstv1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine for about a week now. I've never been a morning workout guy, but I really look forward to getting up to use this machine.
  • ryanrb11
    ryanrb11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you know the answer to this by now, but I have a Tonal (about a month now) and it is great! I also have an Apple watch and if you allow MyFitnessPal to access the health data from your phone it will transfer all the tonal workout data into MyFitnessPal. I'm not sure how this works for Android or other non-Apple smart watches. As far as I know, there is no app sync directly between the Tonal cloud data and MyFitnessPal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    Super expensive IMO, but at least it's something. BIOFORCE XTREME is also a cable resistance machine for way less. I actually have one and though I spend most of my time on free weights, it helped me through pandemic to keep my muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lcfoster1
    lcfoster1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Got my tonal in Feb. 2023 and is the ONLY time I have stayed consistent working out. Was going to gym but honestly felt like I was hurting myself not really knowing what to do and at what weight. Tonal just tells me what to do when and it is exactly what I needed! Love that it syncs with MFP
  • feisty_bucket
    Options
    A new reply; neat.

Had it for a year and a half; still using it regularly. It's awesome, though it did have the common problem of an arm getting stuck at the bottom sliding position (There are youtube videos showing the problem. It was under warranty and a guy came out and fixed it, but that took a whole lot of badgering tech support to get it scheduled.