Newbie looking for encouragement and support.

Options
I want to see my 2 small children (aged 4 & 6) grow up into adulthood and I'd like to know my grandchildren. If I'm going to do this, I need to get off my butt and exercise as well as make a concentrated effort to eat healthier. I need less starches and meat on my plate and replace that with veggies and fruits!

I'd appreciate any support you all can offer!

Replies

• luvlite2
    Options
    We are in the same boat...I'm making a change for me and my little one. I have a long road to go. So we can take that journey together if you like. Good Luck!
  • healthychoices5
    Options
    I'd love that, luvlite2. Thanks!
  • oumati
    oumati Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site if u need any support feel free to ask we are all here for abt the same reason
  • sweeteamama
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and just joined today. You can add me!
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    me too - feel free to add me.
  • Shawnta27
    Options
    Good luck..you have came to the right place for support!! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • jazzimarie86
    Options
    Hell everyone. I'm on here for some support, advice, stories. you name it. I have been back and forth with my weight for years and now its time for a change. I had gone up to 230lbs in Dec 2010. I'm currently 213. My goal was to lose 60 pounds by May 2012 (so I have 43 pounds left to go). Once I see how I look and feel at that point, I'll take it a step further and possibly lose more. Add me please and we can all be a support system!
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm here for my two boys 16 and 14 for the same reason. I want to be around for them for a long time.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    HELLO,
    It is nice to have you aboard. We are here for you! You will be much happier because you will get motivated, along with learning new eating habits that are going to last a life time. Along with losing the weight that you want to; s-l-o-w-l-y though!

Look for ppl to talk to n get all your emotional needs met on here. Just keep coming back like they say in AA, & keep logging your food down in your diary....we are happy for you!:flowerforyou:

@healthychoices5, I like your profile picture!

5' 4"
    S.W. 234 (Sept. 5, 2011)
    C.W. 227 (Reached this goal Sept. 12, 2011
    G.W. 125 - Like a snail, or a turtle, I will eventually get there! I'm in no hurry, I just want to be happy & be me while I am doing it. (I :heart: MFP, all the members are great! We are working on improving our lives & plz tell ppl that you know or meet that need this place to come join us! We need America to get healthy & show that we can do it. We won't allow the fast food chains take advantage of our hearts like that & tear us down any longer! Let American's arise & shine for the Lord, We are His temple, He is coming back for His Bride. Plus the fields are ripe and ready to be harvested; then Jesus returns after everyone has gotten their invitation to the Wedding.) Come Join Us.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome (everybody)!! It sounds like you have some great ideas and know what you need to do... good for you for taking that first step... lots of support on here. I, too find that I do better with lower amounts of carbs and higher protein - especially when working out - and it lasts longer... good luck!! Joseph's Flax Seed Lavash bread is awesome for sandwiches - I use 1/2 of one for a roll-up and it cuts so many calories instead of bread... have fun!!
  • tambogey
    Options
    I just started today. I feel the same way. I have a lot of health problems & I know that more fruits & veggies will help me to heal & lose weight. I had Cushings Disease which caused me to go from a size 8 to a 20 in a year. Now the Cushings has reversed into adrenal insufficiency which means my adrenals have shut down and I don't produce cortisol, so I have to take corticosteroids. This makes it very hard to lose the weight, but I am going to try my hardest to feed my body exactly what it needs so I can see my youngest children marry & have children of their own. I have small grandchildren, but I've been too sick to play with them. I want so badly to be well so I can be the Mimi they deserve. I understand how you feel & I'm here to encourage you! We can do this! Blessings to you :)
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to this site. I am also looking for accountability and support. Feel free to add me as a friend. I wish you the best! Terri
  • darkcowboy
    darkcowboy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    feel free to add my id be happy to support everyone
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also just became a new grandma to a beautiful granddaughter. I am so tired of all the excuses I have made over the years and I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I am sorry for everything you are going through. It must be tough. It sounds like you have a great additude and anything is possible. I wish you the best!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Terri
  • meosha30
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I only joined like 2wks ago but I have had so much support and inspirations from this site. I am needing/wanting to lose 80 lbs so I have decided to set my goals at 10-20 lbs increments. I wish you the best of luck, you can do it!