Walking Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone!

Options
I do the 5 mile workout every day, and count it as very brisk walk for 65 minutes! does anyone know the exact count on calories burnt doing this workout? I have checked the sites and have not come up any exact count! Thanks!

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The count is different for everyone, because not everyone is the same age, or weighs the same, or has the same height, or moves at exactly the same pace. I started to do these and invested in a heart rate monitor. It is a great investment!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well, it's 5 miles in 1 hour (excluding the warmup and cooldown), so that's a 5mph walking pace and you can find that in the exercise database here. That's what I use. Unless you have a heart monitor, that's probably the closest estimate you can get.
  • Millie77
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone as well, and was confused about calories burned, so I got a HRM. For two miles, I burn about 340 on average, but I burn more because I have well over a hundred lbs to lose. I found mine on Best Buy's website on sale. Then you can go to the store, and they must match the online price. I was to impatient to wait. lol
  • karenyg
    Options
    That's great ! :smile:
    I would start off by using the calculations you get using the exercise tool you can type in brisk walk for 65 mins it will give you there calculation.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've found logging the time as low impact aerobics is pretty close. I do have a HRM but have not used it in awhile. What others said - there are so many factors that make calorie burns different for everyone. Your fitness level is another factor that MFP can't calculate for you - so calorie burn is just an estimate.

On a Leslie note: If anyone is looking for a new Leslie DVD - 5 Really Big Miles (Target) is wonderful. Lots of new music, and in a new studio - Wow!
  • sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I love this site because everyone is so supporting ! Appreciate the Team:smile:
  • sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    T