Oatmeal...Old fashioned.. any ideas?

Options
With my IBS i need to had oatmeal almost daily! **I am looking for some recipes using the Oatmeal Please :) **

I tried a few "Granola" bars using oatmeal and did not have any success. Does anyone have one they can share consisting mainly of oatmeal?
Thanks guys!

Replies

• dreamerBBC
    Options
    Eat your oats raw
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    have you tried overnight oats / muselli It tastes quite different than traditional hot oatmeal.

I like mine with vanilla greek yogurt, and blueberries
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never liked the consistency of oatmeal but like to eat oats because they are so healthy. I finally found a way I like. I mix 1/2 C old fashioned oats (raw) with 1 tbs peanut butter and a 1 tbs pure maple syrup. It's very dense and chewy but has a texture somewhere between cookie dough and a granola bar. I love it.
  • GyronMaines
    Options
    I put honey in my oatmeal, not bad.
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    I've never liked the consistency of oatmeal but like to eat oats because they are so healthy. I finally found a way I like. I mix 1/2 C old fashioned oats (raw) with 1 tbs peanut butter and a 1 tbs pure maple syrup. It's very dense and chewy but has a texture somewhere between cookie dough and a granola bar. I love it.

I always use peanut butter and maple syrup in mine but never that recipe! I am going to try that later today thanks so much!! :)
  • kgatwood
    kgatwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I do cinnamon and rasins, or use frozen fruits and add them in it...
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Just a bit of pure maple syrup in my oatmeal makes me wiggle with joy.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    i make a smoothie with fruit, almond milk and oats, so yummy!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty plain too. Almond milk some water and little splenda. Cinnamon if I feel like it. I like the Bear Naked fit brand with different flavors of raw oats to add to your yogurt or with milk. Its very low sugar and soo good.
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I cut up apples and put trivuia and cinnamon on mine!!
  • sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like this granola recipe and it calls for old fashioned oats. It's really good, I usually just eat it by itself for breakfast but it is good mixed with yogurt or whatever you like.

4 C. old fashioned oats
    2 C. flaked coconut
    6 oz. sliced almonds
    3/4 C. honey
    1/2 C. canola oil
    1 C. cashew pieces
    3/4 C. dried cranberries (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the oats, coconut and almonds together and set aside. Mix the honey and canola and pour over the dry mixture and stir until all coated. Spread the mix on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 mins. take out of the oven and try to turn or stir a little and bake for 10 mins. Turn and stir again and add the cashew pieces and dried cranberries bake for 5 mins. Let cool and store in an air tight container.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later- thanks!
  • nmaltz3
    Options
    I eat my steel cut oats with a tablespoon of almond butter. I've also heard that oats are tasty with almond butter and vanilla protein powder.

happy eating!

Natalie