Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Options
dragonbait0126
dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website and made it over the weekend. It's really good and only 300 calories per serving!

I reduced the recipe to make it for only 2 people. I used only 1 can of soup and 2 chicken breasts (they were the smaller ones from Kroger that come frozen in a bag). I also used the steamfreash mixed veggies instead of the green giant but cooked them as directed in the recipe. I also used a Grands Jr. can of homestyle buscuits and just flattened them before cutting into quarters. Making these changes I ended up with enough for my husband and I for dinner one night and my lunch the next day (could still easily be 4 servings with the reduced recipe).

2 cans (18.6 oz each) Progresso® Rich & Hearty chicken pot pie style soup
1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen mixed vegetables (2 1/2 cups)
2 1/2cups cubed chicken
1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits

DIRECTIONS
1 In 4-quart saucepan, mix soups, frozen vegetables and chicken. Heat to boiling; boil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
2 Meanwhile, pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers; cut each into 4 pieces. Place biscuit pieces over hot mixture.
3 Bake uncovered at 375°F 16 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are light golden brown.
Boil chicken mixture as directed to make sure it gets really hot before placing biscuits on top, assuring biscuits will then bake thoroughly.

Nutritional Information
Nutrition Information:

1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 300(Calories from Fat 100),Total Fat 11g(Saturated Fat 3g,Trans Fat 1 1/2g),Cholesterol 45mg;Sodium 870mg;Total Carbohydrate 32g(Dietary Fiber 2g,Sugars 6g),Protein 19g;Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 20.00%;Vitamin C 0.00%;Calcium 0.00%;Iron 10.00%;Exchanges:2 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1/2 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;1 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:2;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet..

Replies