I need more energy.

Options
Hi!

I was hoping for some tips on what you guys do to boost your energy in the afternoon! Any quick exercises or stretches, or even foods that tend to get your energy lifted?
I don't want to be drinking coffee all the time and I need something to get me out of my slump.

Thanks!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I try to do a quick walk after I eat my luch to pep me up. I also have been drinking lemon ginseng green tea.
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    water. big time! no matter how much coffee I drink, its the water that makes or breaks my day.

Then do some jumping jacks or a quick speed walk , that always works for me!
  • DavisKarenR
    Options
    Honestly, i cut out all sugar, including hidden sugar in foods, and cut out all caffiene. I've stopped having afternoon crashes. i feel "level" all day long. Besides losing 24 lbs along with the change in diet. My husband noticed, so he cut out all sugar and caffiene and he's leveled out too. and he was a 2 or 3 Mt Dew's and a snickers every day kind of guy! oh and we both cut out all white breads, pastas, etc that turn to sugar when you eat them.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Watch what you eat for lunch!! smaller lunch & slow digesting carbs can help.

Water, walk, a good energy support multivitamin
  • dreamerBBC
    Options
    you are suppossed to be tired at night
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    drink the H2O and don't eat sugar or high carb foods.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    A little protein usually helps me. If that doesn't do it, i go for a short walk.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    water. big time! no matter how much coffee I drink, its the water that makes or breaks my day.

Then do some jumping jacks or a quick speed walk , that always works for me!

I second this I just figure out that drinking lots of water will makes or breaks the day, And the walking works for me good luck!!!!!!!!

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    you are suppossed to be tired at night

Yes, and she's trying to figure out how to get through the afternoon slump without drinking coffee so that she can still be tired at night.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Even when I drink more water it doesn't help all the way BUT it helps more than when I don't. I was in the habit or drinking no calorie energy drinks which helped, but then I would crash! My friend said I need more protein but I am already eating 136 grams!
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Is coffee a bad thing for this?
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Try a quick walk around the building (or office) than a low fat string cheese (only 80 calories) to add protein!
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Is coffee a bad thing for this?

Coffee isnt "bad" but you do want to limit the "extras" and overdoing it. If you add a lot of cream and sugar your adding a lot of calories that you could be putting towards better more filling foods. If you drink a lot of coffee I would cut down replacing a cup of water with every other cup of coffee until your down to 1-2 cups per day, than slowly ween yourself off the sugars (if you take cream n sugar)