Hemp Hearts

Options
Does anyone have more Information on these. I have been eating them for while...they are high in fat but its the good kind. They also make you feel really full and I probably would suggest eating them to anyone. I eat them first thing in the morning and am not hungry until at least 1230 or 1. I think there is like 16 g of protein in a serving. How ever I was wondering is maybe I feel too confident with them.

Tell me what you think.

Replies

• monicakelly21
    Options
    Does anyone have more Information on these. I have been eating them for while...they are high in fat but its the good kind. They also make you feel really full and I probably would suggest eating them to anyone. I eat them first thing in the morning and am not hungry until at least 1230 or 1. I think there is like 16 g of protein in a serving. How ever I was wondering is maybe I feel too confident with them.

Tell me what you think.
  • its time for change
    Options
    I love them too!! I don't remember what I found out about them when I bought them though.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Have they been helping with the weight loss? I have high blood pressure and have read that they are good for that too.... where do you get them? About how much do they cost?
  • its time for change
    Options
    I bought mine from the herb store since it's close to my house but I'm sure that you could probably buy it at a whole food store. Also, try online. I've noticed that alot of the same products that I buy from a local herb store are half the price for the same brand online.
  • heatther
    Options
    Have you noticed that it really helped you???
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Hey
    It definitely helps me. I never get enough protein so this is my way to get it. Plus they taste delicious, must better then flax. I wouldn't eat them raw but I usually put them in m yogurt, cereal, or smoothies. It defintely helps you from snacking...and craving snacks cause you get the real sense of fullness.
  • heatther
    Options
    Great I will have to give them a try! I love chicken so I get protein but I could eat all day long!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any verifiable info on these, that is not from a site that is selling the product. USDA does not mention them nor does the canadian dept of agriculture.

They sound great though just a bit skeptical because all the info is from the sellers.
  • dhayes
    Options
    Does anyone have any verifiable info on these, that is not from a site that is selling the product. USDA does not mention them nor does the canadian dept of agriculture.

They sound great though just a bit skeptical because all the info is from the sellers.

Aah I am beginning tofind some scientific data.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?SEQ_NO_115=169437

will keep looking.
  • dhayes
    Options
    http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/ncnu02/v5-284.html

Looks like there is some truth to the claims made about Hemp seed.
  • its time for change
    Options
    Thank you dhayes for this information.