I'm starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 15/09, please joi

Options

Replies

• 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Like mush, yes, out of breath, no (but I've been cycling and running and aerobicsing for a couple of months now so cardio is probably greatly improved).

Does anyone know the weight of the weights?
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Finished day two. Not working as hard with my sore muscles really diminishes the calorie burn aspect :-( Only 130 according to HRM (normally about 220). Through some aerobics on top, shall keep on trying, keen to see if muscles improve after a few days.
  • Gemmap77
    Gemmap77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1!

I'm really going to try to do all 30 days straight. I've been doing spin classes for about 3 weeks and thought I was getting back in shape...but those 20 minutes of Jillian kicked my butt!! Wow!

Way to go everyone!
  • Ramitta
    Ramitta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OMG finished day 2 and feeling sooooo sore lol, those push-ups are killing and I'm doing them girly style but still, and my legs too, It's hard work,

I'm using 1kg weights, what is everyone else using ?

How is everyone getting on ??

x
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1. Omg, it was tough. I had my zaggora hotpants on too and oh my god, I've worked up a fair sweat.

I'm using 1.5kg weights, which my boyfriend slagged me off for :( haha!
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Day 3 done, 180 calories burned this time :-), muscles not giving in so quick (except for those first reps where the weights have to be lifted over the head, they Kill). Was going to take today off as it's included a bunch of bike riding as well but I keep thinking about before and after pics of 30DSers and I waaaaaaaant!
  • themurph8910
    Options
    I am starting today...Ive been taking it to easy lately and need to get back to working out. I can't wait!
  • lainewc
    Options
    I started on the 15th september too, so day 4 today, im a bloke and used 3kg dumbells but it still killed me! Great workout though very impressed and can already feel my body changing
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Hi !!

I started 30day shred on Thursday and I did my 2nd day Friday night .. I was a little sore but it was gone by morning (I drink 2 protein shakes a day so maybe that helped). I actually feel pretty good and I am thinking after the first 7 days I may throw in another workout video along with 30day shred but we shall see I have been walking with my 2 boys in the stroller but we all have colds and I dont want to take them out and they scream if I go out by myself :( ...

I picked up the Jillians 30day shred set at Walmart for $14 and some change it had the mat and the 3lb. weights !! I too am having to do the "girly" pushups but atleast I can do those when I attempted Insanity a month ago I couldn't do a single pushup (modified or not!)

I took my before pictures and measurements and plan to take pictures measurements every 10day =) Anyone that wants to add me please feel free to do so !!
  • 1a1a
    Options
    I started on the 15th september too, so day 4 today, im a bloke and used 3kg dumbells but it still killed me! Great workout though very impressed and can already feel my body changing

Yeargh, I tried using 3k weights the first time I did as they were what was on hand. Muscles revolted after very few reps indeed.
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Everyone gone for the week end hey? *watches tumble weeds cross the monitor*.

Day four complete, 180 burn (better). There may be some truth to people's claims that it gets easier. There isn't anything I am outright putting the weights down for anymore except the first set where they go over the head. Been looking at a 30DS before and after pics thread, there are some monumental improvements....some more humble ones too, but every one improves, it motivated me considerably considering I committed to this just for some exercise with no thought to the alluring prospect of "losing inches".

Brainwave, watch Jillian, listen to something, anything else :-D
  • LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh i so want to do this so so bad, i have also seen some fantastice results and now i have lost sufficient pounds i need to lose a few inches as im in between dress sizes. I go on holiday on saturday but will be starting this on my return. i will look forward to your seeing your results and also give you encouragement :) good luck!
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I did Level One Day Three last night and I have a few questions ...

During the workout my muscles ACHE and I am pouring sweat but after a shower I barely hurt at all today I hurt a little in my shoulders and I feel a little sore in my stomach is it normal to feel like hell during the workout and be okay a few hours later ?? I have only been excerising for 9 weeks and I attempted Insanity and couldn't walk without pain after each day (I only did 3 days lol). I am hoping it means I am doing better and my body is adapting I am drinking tons of water , taking vitamins and drinking a protein shake and have drank a results & recovery drink after the first day.

Anyway just hope I am doing it right .. today I am adding in more cardio should I do that before or after ?? I kinda want to do it before since if I do the weights first I am give out and doubt I would continue on with another video as soon as my cold is better I will going for walks again and that will be my additional cardio but for now I dont feel like heading out in the cooler weather
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Don't know if it's normal or not but can concur that i too ache during but not by the next day (although the first time I ran through it, I ached for a couple of days after). I think we'll all benefit from some extra stretching post workout, I don't reckon she does enough.
  • kat2307
    kat2307 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

back from my parents and keen to get going again...but I must admit that I did not find a way to exercise while I was there :-(

Well too late now and time to get going again. Finally I also received the 30DS, which means I can switch from Ri30 L1 to 30DS Level 1 :-)

Have a great day everyone!
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Day five done, better burn, hanging in for longer, starting to feel anxious at the thought of tackling level two, oh well, bring it on, I wanna see those inches go.

Good to have you back Kat, great to hear the 30DS is now in your possession :-D
  • mel_2
    Options
    Hey...thought I would join you guys even though I actually started a few weeks ago. On day 6 of level 2. Whew...what a killer workout. Good news though...lost 5 inches total and 4 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! Don't rely on the scale only...I initially gained 2 pounds in the first week, but also lost 2 1/2 inches the first week. Once I reached level 2, the scale started to move again. Measure yourself and use that and how your clothes fit to see if it is working for you. Good luck everyone!!!

Oh...I'm new on here, so if anyone would like to add me, that would be great!!!

Thanks

11253504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counters!!
  • Nomarfan
    Options
    I started level 2 day 1 on Thursday last week and only got to do it again last night! Count me in with y'all!
  • JS70
    JS70 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Are we supposed to do level one for a certain number of days or do we just move on when we feel we are ready?
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Theoretically do each level for 10 days. Great to see some new faces joining.

Just started or about to start, don't forget to take before pics.