Weight Loss Fail

Options
I have been on a calorie deficit for a week now and the scale has not changed at all. I am very frustrated because I did so much hard work for nothing to happen…

Replies

• ilariadm1
    ilariadm1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1 week is literally nothing! Wait at least 3-4 weeks to see the first results
  • gregsbabe12
    gregsbabe12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been for a month now with nothing and I am really overweight.
  • asellitti6523
    asellitti6523 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above comment. If you are weighing yourself daily it should be in the morning, after using the restroom, completely naked. Also if you are just starting you may want to invest in a food scale if you don't have one. Most people that start out trying to count calories are not able to guesstimate accurately. I tried a few years back and after a couple weeks made little to no progress. Once I got a food scale and measured things out it was easy to see I was under reporting my calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    cs17oe75dcn0.jpg
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yep, weight loss is hard. I can put on 2 lbs overnight from salt. Also if you aren't "regular", poop can weigh a lb.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    And if you're female then various times of the month can weigh 4lbs or more easily if you're unlucky.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Not a fail, how about a start. The only way to fail is to actually quit. Starting something new is a learning curve. Time invested, effort, and experience can lead to great things. Keep going!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    To actually increase the possibility of future success immediately change the narrative that you do hard work that is rewarded by weight loss and that the two are directly (or even worse, proportionately) related.

Your hard work brings many rewards (you will have to fill your own blank there). In my case, just an example, it makes me feel good that I am providing better care to myself. It makes me feel good that I setup preconditions that will eventually nudge my weight in the direction I want.

Weight management follows. In time.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It takes awhile to show on the scale since the scale shows everything including if you had a cup of water it will show half a pound heavier. What matters is fat loss… which takes time. If you give it more time the scale will eventually reflect your loss.