Is there a way to update one's current weight?

Options
I see on my app the phrase : "If every day were like today, you will weigh XXX lbs in five weeks." Well, I have been doing this five weeks and I already weigh less than the predicted XXX lbs. So I have been ignoring this, as I am losing about a pound a week no matter what the app says. Like, yesterday it said I would weigh 150 lbs in five weeks and as I sit here I weigh 149.6 lbs with clothes on. I can go on ignoring this feature, but it's seriously a bummer to see that every day. Isn't there some way to change it? I mean, I know in five weeks I will likely weigh 144.6 lbs, but that feature is supposed to be inspiring, and instead it's depressing.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Go to "myfitnesspal" Home > Check in, enter your new weight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    On the MFP phone/tablet app, open the main menu (the three bars at top left main page). Click "Progress". There, click the plus sign (upper right). Type in your updated weight. Click the check-mark in the upper right.

On the web, the sequence of menus/tabs to click is "My Home", then "Check In". Type in your current weight, then click "Save Changes" near the bottom of the page.
  • thornappleriver
    thornappleriver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This will be a relief!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    If you don't close your diary, it won't try to predict what you're going to weigh in five weeks. There's value in updating your weight within the app, too - but there's absolutely zero need to close your diary. Closing your diary for the day LITERALLY only affects whether or not you'll be offered a prediction.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    And don’t forget, the lower your weight goes, the slower the loss becomes. Don’t get too heavily invested in rapid weight loss continuing.

My questions is, at this rate, are you adequately fueling your body? You don’t mention your height, but unless you’re short, the rapidity of loss is a bit concerning.

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    And don’t forget, the lower your weight goes, the slower the loss becomes. Don’t get too heavily invested in rapid weight loss continuing.

My questions is, at this rate, are you adequately fueling your body? You don’t mention your height, but unless you’re short, the rapidity of loss is a bit concerning.

A pound a week is pretty standard rate of weight loss.

From mayoclinic.org: Over the long term, it's smart to aim for losing 1 to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

A pound a week is pretty standard rate of weight loss.

From mayoclinic.org: Over the long term, it's smart to aim for losing 1 to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.

OP is already under 150. At a pound a week, they would be pedal to the metal, unless they’re very short.

Logic dictates that loss will slow down as they are unable to continue keeping the same deficit numbers. I know it did for me, and I’ve heard many others say the last 10-15 were slower.