Favourite cookbooks?

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
What are your favourite cookbooks? Not so much for learning techniques but for everyday cooking.
My favourites are the three books my Meera Sodha, and the Lotus and the Artichoke series. I cook from all of those regularly. While they are mostly vegetarian/vegan I'm not. I don't eat a lot of meat/fish, but if I feel like it I add some to those recipes.

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,607 Member
    Options
    For every day cooking I like River Cafe Cookbook Easy for basic Italian. I generally stick to the classics. Elizaabeth David for French Provincial, Shizuo Tsuji for Japanese, David Thompson for Thai, Claudia Roden for Middle Eastern, Marcella Hazan for Italian, Andrea Nyugen for Vietnamese, Diane Kennedy for Mexican, Joy of Cooking for American.
  • scrap128
    scrap128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anything by the Barefoot contessa. I love her chicken chili recipe.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love & Lemons! She has two, and it also includes things like: HOW TO PREP THAT VEGETABLE uuuuuggggghhhh I cannot tell you how many times I would find a recipe for something that sounded good but there was NOTHING in the instructions on how to prep it, or how to use the leftovers.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I always go back to The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Complete-Asian-Cookbook-New/dp/1743791968
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    perryc05 wrote: »
    I always go back to The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Complete-Asian-Cookbook-New/dp/1743791968

I have it next to my bed. And.. it just sits there. I think it's a bit too overwhelming. :D
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    No matter how adventurous I get, there will never not be an assortment of Company's Coming cookbooks on my shelf. There are over 200 of them, so I haven't come close to sampling them all, but I've never had one steer me wrong. They're written and published locally, too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't use cookbooks much these days but I have a pretty decent collection...the ones I've used the most is "The Best Recipes in the World" by Mark Bittman as well as his "How to Cook Everything" followed closely by "The Naked Chef" by Jamie Oliver. Those three were pretty integral to my really learning to cook in the early 2000s.

"How to Cook Everything" is a great book for the novice in the kitchen.
  • jbodoni
    jbodoni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't use cookbooks much these days but I have a pretty decent collection...the ones I've used the most is "The Best Recipes in the World" by Mark Bittman as well as his "How to Cook Everything" followed closely by "The Naked Chef" by Jamie Oliver. Those three were pretty integral to my really learning to cook in the early 2000s.

Thumbs up for "How To Cook Everything". It's not cheap, but it's worth it.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    jbodoni wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Thumbs up for "How To Cook Everything". It's not cheap, but it's worth it.

Yes! I found a copy at at thrift store and it's great!