What do you guys think of this weight loss plan? Anyone lost weight doing something similar to this?

Hi all!
I'm wondering what you guys think of this weight loss plan and if anyone here has tried something similar and what were you're results? any advice or thoughts?

So, about me:
I am female, 5'1 tall
HW: 220
LW (as an adult): 150lbs
CW: 174lbs
GW: anywhere between 99-150lbs (I know the bmi chart says 150 is still overweight for me, but I am okay with being a bit chubby. I just dont want to be obese anymore at least.)

I am moderately active.
I have a full time job that is fairly active (dog daycare worker),
I bike to work a few days a week (15 minutes there and back), and a couple times a week I do some youtube exercise videos (nothing too strenuous or high energy lol.. pretty easy-moderate and short workouts.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My weight loss plan: eat 1400 or less calories a day. Preferably less. Exercise to burn 200 calories a day, or at least exercise somewhat every day.. just not being sedentary. Pay close attention to eat plenty of protein. Eat more fruits and veg.

What do you think?? How much weight did you lose eating/exercising similar?

Replies

• Cluelessmama1979
    Cluelessmama1979 Posts: 129 Member
    With your stats, depending on age, your BMR would be somewhere between ~ 1370-1557 and your TDEE would be between ~ 1644-1868.

You're aiming for 1400 calories, which (depending on age) isn't below your BMR (good) and is below your TDEE (good).

Again, depending on age, you should, at just that level of calorie intake, lose somewhere between 0.5 lbs and .75lbs per week. That's a healthy rate of loss at your size. (good).

I'm using sedentary calculations (1.2) here, but raising your activity level to roughly match your activity level (1.4) raises your TDEE by ~ 250 calories. That's close to your workout estimates of ~ 200 calories.

So....
    I would recommend eating a minimum of 1400 calories per day, up to 1650 on days you work out. I find it best to aim for a range, rather than a specific number.

If you aren't losing that .5 -.75 lbs per week eating at that level, or if you're still losing too quickly, you could tweak it a bit.

However, the plan you outlined above isn't *too* concerning. If you're being careful and reasonable, you should be fine.

All of that said...

On a personal note...

I'm the same height, and was at your weight around ~5 years ago, and I was eating 1340 with NO exercise and very little daily activity... I was losing around 1.5 lbs per week and absolutely STARVING all the time. That's in large part why I fell off and gained back the weight.

The numbers only account for certain differences in our bodies. And while we, at 5'1" are #shortgirlsquad , we aren't quite in that super-short category which potentially changes a few of the safety guidelines.

Make sure whatever you're doing is healthy and sustainable!
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    With your stats, depending on age, your BMR would be somewhere between ~ 1370-1557 and your TDEE would be between ~ 1644-1868.

You're aiming for 1400 calories, which (depending on age) isn't below your BMR (good) and is below your TDEE (good).

Again, depending on age, you should, at just that level of calorie intake, lose somewhere between 0.5 lbs and .75lbs per week. That's a healthy rate of loss at your size. (good).

I'm using sedentary calculations (1.2) here, but raising your activity level to roughly match your activity level (1.4) raises your TDEE by ~ 250 calories. That's close to your workout estimates of ~ 200 calories.

So....
    I would recommend eating a minimum of 1400 calories per day, up to 1650 on days you work out. I find it best to aim for a range, rather than a specific number.

If you aren't losing that .5 -.75 lbs per week eating at that level, or if you're still losing too quickly, you could tweak it a bit.

However, the plan you outlined above isn't *too* concerning. If you're being careful and reasonable, you should be fine.

All of that said...

On a personal note...

I'm the same height, and was at your weight around ~5 years ago, and I was eating 1340 with NO exercise and very little daily activity... I was losing around 1.5 lbs per week and absolutely STARVING all the time. That's in large part why I fell off and gained back the weight.

The numbers only account for certain differences in our bodies. And while we, at 5'1" are #shortgirlsquad , we aren't quite in that super-short category which potentially changes a few of the safety guidelines.

Make sure whatever you're doing is healthy and sustainable!

Completely agree. TDEE calculators can give a good estimate but the only true way to find out is just to spend a lot of time guessing and checking. There’s a lot of factors we can’t really control that go into it. I would also make sure your fat intake is high enough! It can get really hard to incorporate fat sources on lower calories, but to me they are a non negotiable
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm 5'3", SW 250ish, similar activity level (desk job but daily intentional exercise - walking/running, strength training, yoga), and I've lost almost 70lb in 18 months eating way more than that (average about 1900-2100 cal/day).