What time of the day to do weight yourself?

Options
I weight myself twice today, once in the morning, before eating or doing anything and it was 181.0 and then just now, just about lunch time, after eating breakfast and working out (only 20 mins) i weighted 177.0. What should i chart?

Replies

• Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I weigh myself twice, the one I count is in the morning. Once I get up and use the bathroom, I weigh myself. The second time is before going to bed, and this is only because I am crazy and I want to see what the difference will be from night to morning...some may even call me obsessive! :laugh:
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning right after I get up and only weigh myself once a week.
  • mdperry
    Options
    As soon as I get up, after I use the bathroom and before I hop in the shower. Sometimes, I weigh myself at random times, but only count the morning even if the others are lower.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    yeah but i didnt even have a bowel movement... lol... so where did that weight go? Also i think ive noticed that if i just hop up on the scale (digital) it reads 2lbs heavier than when i slowly step on there...does that matter?
  • btlewis
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, and after voiding.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I weight myself in the morning after I've used the restroom. I weigh myself maybe twice a week. If I get overeager, I swear I never lose weight.
  • pobbles
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week - Monday morning, first thing, totally naked. I do not see the point in weighing myself any more because I find it fluctuates through out the day, and also one day I may have lost two pounds but the following put a pound back on. Once a week is all I find is necessary. No point becoming obsessed or it makes watching what you eat even harder. Why beat yourself up when calorie controlling is stressful enough?

Good luck in your weight loss
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice, the one I count is in the morning. Once I get up and use the bathroom, I weigh myself. The second time is before going to bed, and this is only because I am crazy and I want to see what the difference will be from night to morning...some may even call me obsessive! :laugh:
    This is me, exactly!
  • rllewell
    Options
    That is probably why I weigh myself just once a day, no debate on which one to use! ; ) I use the first thing in the morning weight because I feel it is the most consistent.
  • jacrista
    jacrista Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing on a Saturday morning after my shower, have been tempted to jump on inbetween but have managed to control myself.:smile:
  • Maskell1106
    Options
    I weigh myself every tuesday lunchtime,same place same time x
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    get up, take a piss, strip, weigh myself, put shorts back on. That's what I do first thing every morning.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    This is me, exactly!

Every once in a while I will weigh myself after I work out....see where the obsessiveness comes in?
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I get curious and weigh myself twice a day. Once in the morning, after using the restroom, then once after my 3 mile walk. I push myself pretty hard everyday on the walk so I like to see how much I lose after I walk. Somedays it's 4oz and some days its 6oz. I'm sure I'll stop weighing myself after I've been walking a loooong time. But for now, I'm curious.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning and I try to weigh myself once a week. If I do it more than once a week, I will drive myself crazy as our body fluctuates between 1-5 lbs sometimes.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure myself once a week on Saturday morning at generally the same time (before eating & after bathroom break). I try not to weigh any more than that. Weight can fluctuate up and down during the week and it stresses me out, LOL! But I've consistently lost 1 lb. per week over the past 2 months.
  • gmonie120
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after i use the bathroom with all my clothes off.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    morning once a week... usually weigh every few days though but take the number on monday morning as gospel! Also naked and first thing in morning. Wore some velour tracksuit bottoms this mornnig and 1.5lb difference! so clothes do make you heavier!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I always take the lowest weight of the day. :smile:
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    I always weigh myself on saturday, right after I wake up and before I have breakfast