Chisulo FF ~ September Challenge-Week Four (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!! YAYYYYYY! Happy 33rd Birthday TO ME! I know you all may be a bit discouraged with the activity for this month's challenge, but guess what??? YOU ARE STILL HERE AND STILL GOING and that is half of the battle. There are so many captains who have incomplete teams because people have left and the CFF Ladies are still going! So, whether you have gained or loss, I thank you for simply STILL BEING HERE! Let's make the most of this week and the remainder of the challenge. I will be doing a lot of dining, so I will be making sure to get my movement in! LOL Be encouraged! MUCH LOVE!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 4 –PYGMY SERIES (BEGINNER'S)

Week 4 Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Weekly Team Challenge - as a combined team effort attempt to reach a goal of an additional 2000 crunches. For a team of 10 that would be an additional 200 crunches per team member over a span of 6 days! As always water, calories!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

Replies

• IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Mo!!! Virgo's Rule!!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :heart: YES! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :heart:

Looking forward to kicking some butt this week!! I am already off to a great start and I am super excited about seeing what I can accomplish this week, hoping that I can find a little bit of that motivation from the first weeks to have again!! :wink:
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Monique!!!

I am looking forward to working out this week!!! However, I am going to do day 2 workout today and do day 1 workout tomorrow! My aunt flow is in town and she is trippin out lol. So I hope you have a good b-day!
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

ok here is this weeks mini challenge.....we have been spending alot of time working out and maybe forgeting that we r ladies....(besides showering i dont really dress up and do stuff like i use to) so for this weeks mini challenge its to get back to ourselves....spend a lil extra time on your hair, or wear a lil make up, paint your toes...etc..we r losing the weight and getting our figures back...lets do a lil something to make us feel alittle more girly
  • ivygirl328
    Options
    Trying to keep things in perspective here, but needed to vent a little. Feel free to keep on browsing if you wish to bypass the "oh woe is me" scenario :smile: . I thought who else to unload on, but my fellow team mates. Lucky you!!

I've been feeling really good lately. Working out daily, getting in my cardio, doing my challenges....you know the routine. So, my husband and I went camping with his brother and his wife this weekend. Some pictures were taken. Let's just say I took one look at those pictures and I just felt the wind go out of my sails. I still look so "wide" for lack of a better term. I have lost almost 20 pounds and I see NO change. I know there is change, I've taken measurements. But come on! I just don't understand it. I actually didn't even mind having pictures taken because I thought I've lost 20 pounds, they've got to look better, right? Wrong!!

That was just the tip of the depressing iceberg. My husband, bless his skinny heart, has decided that he needs to get in shape and wants to add some pounds of muscle. Measurements were taken. He is 6'1" and weighs a whole 158 pounds. I'm currently at 166 pounds. All of my measurements, except for my waist, are LARGER than his! His thigh is a whole 16 3/4". Mine is 22"!! Granted he is 6" taller than me, but I'm still embarrassed. I want my thighs to be the size of my husbands. How sad is that????

Ok, rant over. On to your regularly scheduled program. Thanks for reading :smile: . Kim
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    woohooo week four!

I got in the advanced challenge last night, but I'm not doing any challenges today. Y'all probably saw on my status today that I went to the dentist and was put to sleep so I'm not feeling too great - I'll take today as my rest day and start back up the challenges tomorrow so I can fit them all in!

Otherwise, I was under calories yesterday and got in my water. Back on track after a not so great weekend!

I'll start on the 400 extra crunches tomorrow and I'm not sure when I'll get in the 5K, but I promise I will!
  • ivygirl328
    Options
    Challenges done, 125 extra crunches and I knocked out a 5k on 33:30!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Trying to keep things in perspective here, but needed to vent a little. Feel free to keep on browsing if you wish to bypass the "oh woe is me" scenario :smile: . I thought who else to unload on, but my fellow team mates. Lucky you!!

I've been feeling really good lately. Working out daily, getting in my cardio, doing my challenges....you know the routine. So, my husband and I went camping with his brother and his wife this weekend. Some pictures were taken. Let's just say I took one look at those pictures and I just felt the wind go out of my sails. I still look so "wide" for lack of a better term. I have lost almost 20 pounds and I see NO change. I know there is change, I've taken measurements. But come on! I just don't understand it. I actually didn't even mind having pictures taken because I thought I've lost 20 pounds, they've got to look better, right? Wrong!!

That was just the tip of the depressing iceberg. My husband, bless his skinny heart, has decided that he needs to get in shape and wants to add some pounds of muscle. Measurements were taken. He is 6'1" and weighs a whole 158 pounds. I'm currently at 166 pounds. All of my measurements, except for my waist, are LARGER than his! His thigh is a whole 16 3/4". Mine is 22"!! Granted he is 6" taller than me, but I'm still embarrassed. I want my thighs to be the size of my husbands. How sad is that????

Ok, rant over. On to your regularly scheduled program. Thanks for reading :smile: . Kim

Dont let it get you down girly! You are doing awesome! Sometimes it can be SUPER dicouraging to look at pcs of yourself, especially when you are not close to where you want to be. I was there just a few weeks ago..I looked at pics of myself from the the end of August and I looked FAT I was SUPER upset thinking that I was doing so good...I think that is one of the reasons that I lost so much motivation...dont let that get you down! You are beautiful and you look great!

You are doing a fantastic job, just think if you keep this up what you will look like a month from now...6 months from now....a YEAR from now! DONT give up! Keep going and you will look the way you want in no time! Remember that you are special and beautiful no matter how you look, and the ones who matter most, your loved ones, see you for YOU not for the fat you carry around or what you look like on the outside! :wink:
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Oh and ALL challenges complete for today!! Sorry...I was too busy talking to Kim to post that, HAHA! I am exhausted all, did all my workouts PLUS a TON! I burned over 1600 calories today and didnt even log all my exercise....didnt eat as much as I should have though....oh well, onto tomorrow...and my BED!! :heart: :yawn:
  • ivygirl328
    Options
    Thank you, Kirsty, for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate them. We all have up and downs and I was really down, but I'm better now. No more self hating and no more pictures :smile: (at least until I hit goal weight).

I had a good day yesterday and got in my work out and my challenges. I totally forgot about the crunches though and will get some more of those in today.

Everyone have a great day!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Thank you, Kirsty, for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate them. We all have up and downs and I was really down, but I'm better now. No more self hating and no more pictures :smile: (at least until I hit goal weight).

I had a good day yesterday and got in my work out and my challenges. I totally forgot about the crunches though and will get some more of those in today.

Everyone have a great day!

Glad that I could help encourage you! I have had those times when I have been very discouraged and upset about myself too, but I know that it is a lifestyle change! Always remember, it didnt take a few months to put on all the weight, so it will take more than a few months to take it all off! :wink:

Just keep on focusing on your ultimate goals, and keep your head up! You look awesome and are doing awesome!:bigsmile:
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    All challenges complete today! Whew, I am ready for next month. Mother nature has visited me this week...so it has sucked....my gosh...I am so ready for a new month! October, I am ready for you already! LOL:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! All missions accomplished for Wednesday and Thursday (Bushman) - 500 crunches complete, but no 5K yet. Not sure if I'm going to get it in because today and tomorrow are crazy!!!

Wanted to let y'all know that next week I may or may not be around. My husband, dad, and father-in-law are headed down with my dad's church to the gulf coast to do Hurricane Katrina construction. We've been going down every year since the storm to rebuild homes and lives - it's amazing how just one conversation with a homeowner and hearing what they've been through can really change how you look at the "difficulties" in your life!

As I'll be in the Mississippi heat and doing alot of physical labor, I can tell you from years past that I will not have much energy left over for any team exercises. However, I'm going to try to fit in as many from the pygmy series tomorrow and Sunday that I can so I'm ahead of the game. I just can't promise anything since I know we'll be exahusted all next week!

So, I'm sorry in advance if I can't post (cell coverage is really spotty down there, but I'll log in when I can from my phone) and let's finish September up strong. I'm so proud of everyone here and the changes we're making in our lives and am priviledged to have been on this journey with y'all over the last few months!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    SO September has officially sucked for me...are we doing this again for October or not ? I know that I didnt give it my all for this past month....its just been hard, and my motivation has been low....plus I havent been feeling extremely well....:sick:

No excuses though, its my choices, my fault....I just hope that I can do some BIG things next month (though this month isnt quite over yet...) Sorry team if I let you down, that wasnt what I meant to do..its just been a bit rough for me. I promise to do better, I really do! :ohwell: :embarassed: :ohwell: :embarassed:

I am proud of all the rest of you though, you are all rocking it!! SOOO MUCH! :bigsmile: