MFP + Samsung Health Calorie Adjustment

Options
mike_langlois
mike_langlois Posts: 26 Member
Hey all, just wondering if someone can provide some help and context for something I am seeing.

I use a Galaxy Watch4 for step/exercise tracking and that data goes into Samsung Health. I then use MFP to track food, and connect the two apps so my steps / exercise from SHealth goes to MFP. All makes sense.

One thing I have noticed though is that MFP seems to incorrectly pull the total amount of calories I have burnt for the day from SHealth for the Calorie Adjustment. In the attached images you can see MFP seems to say that SHealth thinks I have burnt 3,300 calories as at 11:59pm yesterday, but the screenshot from SHealth shows I burnt 2700

n3mz8879r5oh.jpg

tiit17tn59n2.jpg

If MFP accurately picked up the 2700ish number, my calorie adjustment difference would be about 90 calories, instead it has this weird 3300 calories number from somewhere and its throwing it way off.

Anyone know how or why its getting this number from and a possible way to fix it?

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,223 MFP Staff
    Options
    At a glance, this seems like normal behavior. So, the 3300 calories burned number is not intended to be your total calories burned for the day. It is an estimate based on your reported calorie burn and activity as reported by Samsung Health. As such, it is normal and in fact expected that these numbers are different.

Please see: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary- for more details on how calorie adjustment is calculated.
  • mike_langlois
    Options
    But this is for yesterday, so why is it still estimating what I might burn yesterday when Samsung Health has already confirmed what I did burn and has that number?

Unless it just doesn't backdate a projection and once the day is done it just says "done never mind" and never looks to actually confirm what was used? If so, thats just as stupid
  • mike_langlois
    Options
    I dont know why this has been marked as answered when its still outstanding?
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,223 MFP Staff
    Options
    If you have further concerns, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Happiness team so they can take a look.
This discussion has been closed.