WTF?!?!?!

Options
I've been diligently watching my food. I know that on Friday my experiment failed. I can only eat cheese in small moderate amounts (like a topping) and not the bagel with cream cheese and small pizza (350 calories) I ate on Friday. I'm bloated and constipated still. I did go out to eat on Friday night but was relatively close on calories. Saturday and Sunday were more back on track.

I do know I'm still constipated and stressed so I didn't eat dessert last night to help out and I wasn't over calories or greatly under. But today I weighed in at 188 when on Friday I was 185.8. COME ON!!!! I'm working my tail off, finished day 5 of 30DS, and counting every calorie and this happens.

Not what I needed with my husband having just left for a week long business trip which means I deal with the kids by myself and also work full time. Again, hats off to single parents!!!! So I'm chugging water today like crazy, upping my veggies and fiber bars and praying!!! Just needed some support and ideas!!!

Replies

• wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.. i am gaining losing the same pound or two and its really annoying...
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Your weekend sounds like mine. I gained back a pound this weekend and I actually started working out some this weekend. I had a bit too much fat this weekend at one meal, but stayed under calories for the most part. So I guess I up the exercise today. Good luck.
  • SoCalsweetie
    Options
    only weigh yourself ONCE a week! as hard as it is. otherwise u will drive urself crazy! keep tracking and exercising like normal life will happen! no one is perfect!
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Once, you "eliminate" you are going to be right where you should be. Just keep being good and you will see. This will also help you for when the next time this happens you will know that "Oh, I know what is going on here!" Keep eating fibrous vegetables and lots of water. If you are constipated for more than 4 days consider taking a stool softener not a laxative.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Miralax will help get things moving without the cramping and other bad side effects. You need to drink way more water, especially since you are drinking diet soda. Eat more veggies and more protein.

Also start tracking your sodium.
  • walterjh
    Options
    Ive been lactose intolerant for a long time .... when I try to eat a small amount of chees (taco topping) it not only affects my lower GI but I get a bit depressed and lathargic.

my advice STAY AWAY FROM ALL DAIRY.

your goals are attainable AND you are a responsible adult, kudos and keep on rocking.
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I don't think you should worry too much about what your scales are saying at the moment as this is only going to add to your stress. I would say continue with the water, veggies and fibre, once you've sorted your constipation hopefully your scales will reflect this.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :sad: same crud happend to me this weekend. On friday I lost 1 pound. Saturday and sunday I started the 30 day shred and did some long cardio walks. I thought for sure another pound would be gone but I ended up gaining the pound I lost on Friday. So frustrating :sad: :cry:
  • Lissaannco
    Lissaannco Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right idea with the water, extra veggies and fiber! You are only up a couple of pounds, it could be water retention. Are you close to you TOM, that could be why you are retaining water and causing the scale to go up. Make sure you are watching your sodium intake! Try not to stress too much over it, I'm up and down at least 2 pounds on a daily basis! Good luck!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    try weighing yourself once a month if its getting to you that much

break the weigh habit or it will devour you :explode:
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've heard that sometimes our bodies will retain more water for a while after beginning an exercise regimen until the muscles can get used to the activity and stop swelling. /shrug

Either way, good work on the excercise and maintaining your diet! Half of success is the diligence to keep going. You can do it! :)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I agree: Only weigh once a week!!!!! I choose Monday to keep my weekends "good" ;) That said, make sure you practically drown yourself today with water. I'll bet the food in the restaurant(s) were full of salt. I know when I was pregnant I couldn't eat out at all w/o my ankles, hands AND face swelling. My dr told me that even the LETTUCE on a salad bar has sodium! (some kind of preservative). Plus, I don't think restaurants are always very good about their calories being "honest". Just my opinion...but they might have a little diff portion than measured, etc....
    You can do it! Keep at it and don't give up. Oh yeah, one more thing!!!! I read where some people go up, down, up down on the shred before they go consistently down. Water, water, water water!!!!!!!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I eat fresh spinach as often as i can use it in instead of lettuce its cheap pack full of vitamans and works wonders for your tummy
  • valex0803
    valex0803 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should only check your weight once a week. Your body usually fluctuates between 3 and 5 pounds do to water in your system and also changes in your workout. Make sure your only weighing yourself when you first wake up in the morning before you put anything in you body. Also for the bloating and constipation you should try Organic Smooth Move Tea before you go to bed. Its a Detox tea that kicks your system into gear. Works really well and should help your problem. Although you should only take it once a week. You can get it at your local grocery store or health foods store and its relatively cheap. Well good luck and this helps!
  • karlakk
    karlakk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, also maybe the shred is making you gain muscle :)
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Here's what I've heard time and time again everyone gains at the beginning of the shred and then somewhere around halfway the pounds just start dissapering. Hearing this from lots of people is the only reason I'm not stressing with the ups I have
  • vampysugar
    Options
    Sore muscles retain water. That's what I've heard about the 30DS.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Hadn't heard that about the shred. Good to know. I usually only weigh myself on Fridays but I hadn't lost anything all week and THOUGHT I had had a good weekend which is why I weighed in this morning. Wrong!!! I'll try to stick to my Friday weigh ins!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm finding 100ml prune juice + 100 ml orange juice + splash of water = very effective!