How would I log landmine sumo squats?

Was trying to add this exercise to one of my workouts but can’t find it or anything that I could use in place. Any suggestions?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    For this kind of stuff you would log the entire workout, not individual exercises. As a standalone it's pretty pointless to add.
  • Knxckout
    Knxckout Posts: 2 Member
    I do log the entire workout as a whole. I just can’t find it to add onto that if that makes sense.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    No, it doesn't. At least to me. Strength training is one entry, no matter what the specific exercises are.

iu6rm2uit36g.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Knxckout wrote: »
    I do log the entire workout as a whole. I just can’t find it to add onto that if that makes sense.

What is the workout? If it's a strength workout (which landmine sumo squats would be a part of) you would just log "strength training" in the cardio section...there's no need to add an individual movement to a whole workout. Logging each individual movement in a workout isn't going to be very accurate in terms of calories, etc.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    If you want to log it in the Strength part of the exercise diary maybe just pick "squat"?

Be aware the strength part of the diary has no calorie functionality if that's what you are looking for - hence the suggestions to log the whole of your workout in the Cardiovascular part of the diary.

"I do log the entire workout as a whole. I just can’t find it to add onto that if that makes sense."
    Erm - sorry, no!

What are you logging, and where, and for what purpose?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    You can create custom exercises of your own in the exercise database, for your own use.

If you create one on the cardio side, you'll need a way to get an initial sound calorie estimate. After you create it, MFP will scale that estimate based on minutes and your bodyweight, when you use it again. (Or you can override the calories on subsequent uses, if you prefer - I usually do that.)

If you create your own exercise on the strength side, that's not an issue.