What songs do you listen to while working out?

Options
Just bought myself an ipod shuffle
trying to get ideas for good workout music!!! Thanks

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    alot of fast and ibitza music! :laugh:
  • stacy_rihel
    Options
    a not so popular band called 3rd Strike. Gets me pumped every time :)
  • katepolden
    Options
    You can get some pretty cheap cds calling 101 running tunes etc. which are pretty good. I confess I love working out to songs that I can picture the music video to as they are usually full of people with tiny waist and no flab - which inspires me!!
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    It depends on my mood and how I'm feeling. Either techno, rock, pop, anything upbeat with good bass, really. It gets me going!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    depends on my mood. Anything by David Guetta is good though.

Most dance remixes of hip hop songs belong are tops on my ipod also.

Current favs are: Benny Benassi's ET Remix for Katy Perry and David Guetta/Taio Cruz Little Bad Girl
  • sting9902
    sting9902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i usually jam to metal dethklok-thunderhorse gets me moving :D
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Rocky-themed songs.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    J Lo's "on the floor"
    anything Katy Perry
    Lady Gaga
    Black Eyed Peas
    Taio Cruz "Dynamite"
  • jwaltz13
    Options
    I listen to Ibiza too!!! I have an album called "Defected in the house Ibiza 10' " it's Great and always gives me energy! I also find MIA and dance-y radio songs (Jennifer Lopez) are good to listen to. Recently I've started downloading free podcasts of radio interviews which help to distract me during a workout! Enjoy! :)
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I made a mess of me by switchfoot....Awesome beat and lyrics!!! also dare you to move by switchfoot however you would want to listen to that while toning or weight lifting, it has a slower beat but again verrry inspiring lyrics!!!! xoxo let me know what ya think!! friend me as well, I am a mfp nutt! :D
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    So when i really wanna get my workout going I have to listen to rap music; don't know why but i can run and run while listening to it. It gets me all hyped up and i usually finish up out of breathe and super sweaty. Gospel music helps me too - LOL. I know what a mix. :laugh:
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora and have Britney Spears, Kesha, Black Eyed Peas- The fast music gets me going....but when I'm slowing down its country music- Miranda Lambert!
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    cheesy 90s songs lol
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Almost anything by LMFAO too....

Just sitting here in my chair at work I can't help but jam out to Sexy and I know It and Party Rock Anthem. I must look silly but I don't care ha ha
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Whatever my Pandora '80's station decides to play. :happy:
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Check out The McClymonts - three Aussie sisters who really rip it up with country rock. And Markus Meier' another Aussie country singer. Otherwise it's those great old 1950s rock and roll
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - fabulous beat and of course, i <3 him!! :smile:

also, michael jackson is great
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I loaded it with over 3 hours of music yesterday morning. It is AMAZING the difference music makes. Today, I woke up and 5 AM and went to the gym and then walked again tonight - 5.5 miles total! WOW, I use to get so bored - not anymore! I was jamming!!! LOL
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound funny but I like listening to Johnny cash or pop. The reason for the cash music is because it has a great beat that is not too fast and not too slow. you get the reight mix of them and you will have varying degrees of intensity depending on whether or not you are running to rhythm or what!