Hypothyroidism and PCOS

Options
I started working out April 5 of 2022 only because I am getting married in November so I’m trying to lose 15 pounds the problem is I have hypothyroidism and PCOS. I work out every day except Sundays… 30 minutes of cardio on an incline at 3.5 mph and 20 minutes of strength training of 80lbs give or take depends on abs or legs etc. The scale has not gone down. What is the expected realistic weight loss for someone with these conditions? I eat about 1200 cal a day. Am I expecting too much too fast?

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hi lady! I’m also getting married in November on the 19th and have pcos too. I’m just became very serious about losing weight. Quit effing around with. Really watching what I eat and working out. So I can say it depends how long you have been doing it and what weight you are starting out :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to both of you above. Congratulations on your forthcoming marriages in November.

From a greatly advanced age, (70) I would strongly suggest you find the very best help, medical that is, to set your free t3 and endocrine system on the right path to the very best of health for both of you as individuals.

My experience was the only thing the UK can offer as treatment for being hypo is synthetic t4, full of preservatives or dairy products which are advised to be avoided when you have an autoimmune condition. The one thing "they" the system under which our doctors practice does not see the need to identify is if someone has autoimmunity by establishing if the person has the antibodies which constrain the function of the thyroid gland. There are ways of lowering these antibodies by modifying ones diet, identifying the causes of the antibodies, allergens. For some not over exercising is essential too.

I fear we are still being told treatment is very simple for those who are hypo when science has moved on and it is far more complex for quite a few of us, even individually. Read what you can, keep to qualified science, doctors and all, not someone's blog, though if you can substantiate any information with scientific papers and qualified doctors that should be fine.

The last thing I want is for young women in the 2020's to suffer from the same ignorance as I did as far back as the 1970's and more.

Best wishes to you both, take great care of yourselves.