Shakeology and kidney stones

Options
I am interested in the shakeology meal replacement, but I have gotten a kidney stone before. Does anyone out there know how much oxolate is in the chocolate shakeology?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Just be prepared, all the people on this site who hawk this crap are going to be flooding your inbox wanting you to buy it from them. My advice. Skip it. It's all a marketing scheme.
  • horndave
    Options
    had kidney stones before too, however never had a problem with having shakeology as a cause.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've had kidney stones before.. I don't know about shakeology but if there was even a chance of getting them again I wouldn't risk it.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Just be prepared, all the people on this site who hawk this crap are going to be flooding your inbox wanting you to buy it from them. My advice. Skip it. It's all a marketing scheme.

not true. i drink it everyday and feel hella better because I do. i suggest you do your research before you run your mouth bad-talking a perfectly legit company just trying to make the world a healthier place.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

It's free to her and it hooks someone else up. So who cares? :wink:

As far as the OP question.I have never heard of kidney stones being a result of drinking Shakeology. If there was a problem I don't think it would last very long
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the shakeology meal replacement, but I have gotten a kidney stone before. Does anyone out there know how much oxolate is in the chocolate shakeology?

Here is a list of the supplement facts and ingredients:
    http://myshakeology.com/uploads/fckeditor/mdbody/File/downloads/ShakeologyCocoa.pdf

Diana
  • amy3820
    amy3820 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    horndave,
    I have been drinking it and really like it. It helps me stay away from pure junk, but before I started drinking it I had a calcium oxolate stone and I really don't want another one. I know that spinach and chocolate have oxolate and don't want to go over my limits.
  • amy3820
    amy3820 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Diana! :happy:
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks Diana! :happy:

Your welcome! I don't drink it on a daily basis, only use it for a cleanse and I love it. Each person is different though so do your research and do what's right for you. :happy:

Diana