Pork Tenderloin in Slow Cooker

Options
purple_orchid
purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
Does anyone have any ideas, beside pulled pork?
thank-you in advance.

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You need to get some slow cooker cookbooks from Judith Finlayson. She has the absolute most delicious slow cooker recipes you can find!!! Try a google search for some pork recipes in the interim...
  • chefchazz
    Options
    tender cuts of meat such as tenderloin and sirloin are the best and id never cook them in a slow cooker. they just need a nice quick sear. save it for a nice meal and chuck a cheaper cut into the old crockpot.

to answer.......tacos. add canned tomatoes, peppers, onions, cumin, garlic, chilis, etc.
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    right now as we type i have a pork tenderloin in the crockpot with this mixed together and dumped on top.

8oz bottle of french dressing (light or fat free whatever you prefer)
    1 packet of lipton onion soup mix
    1 can of jellied cranberry sauce.

it looks vile. it smells great and tastes like pure awesomeness...

i have yet to figure out the calories, etc. but it makes a butt ton of food and you can serve it with rice, plan or eat on wraps...you get the idea.
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Some of these recipes are specific to pork tenderloin, and some are not. I have made the Asian Peanut Butter Pork recipe with a tenderloin, and it was great. The slow-roasted pork is also very good, but is made with pork shoulder. It might work with a tenderloin, too, though.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005/12/pork.html
  • dstephens36
    Options
    Try this if you like pork. I take a pork steak and season it with meat tenderizer, pepper, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce. Put it in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning it once. It comes out good and have a good taste. A 4 oz serving has 19 g protein, 17g fat, 240 cal. I usually do 2 oz, because I'm counting calories, but 4 oz is the serving size.
  • corrinmm
    Options
    A house personal favourite is a splash of water with french onion soup mix on top. It comes out sort of caramelized - delicious!
    I also just tend to use what ever is in the fridge and/or cupboard. For liquids I use either white wine, oil or water. And for spices I like to use garlic, Italian seasoning, chili power, dry mustard, onion powder, rosemary, cilantro, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.Sometimes I'll throw in some onions and potatoes and cook those along with the pork. I do this for chicken as well and I have yet to have something turn out badly.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank-you!
    I have Fix-it and Forget-it Lightly on order. I have done a google search, but wanted to know some MFP tried and tested recipes.