40 lbs Off the Scale - Even More Mental Weight (Photos)

Options
My journey has been a long one. I started trying to lose weight back in 2012 using MyFitnessPal when I was already at a healthy weight. I lost the weight I wanted (got to ~120) but was never satisfied. Never quite skinny enough. This led me through a perpetual cycle of fad diets/workouts and a terrible relationship with food. Fast forward through 2 undergraduate degrees, a graduate degree, and pregnancy, In late 2019, I found myself over 200 lbs.

b8f7w1xmve6e.jpg

After having my daughter, I decided that I had to fix this. I was not healthy and had a terrible relationship with food and my body. I started doing a few things immediately: 1) Reunited with MyFitnessPal :) and 2) Making a conscious effort to love myself as I was, right where I was. I wanted to love myself enough to change. And I DID. It didn't happen overnight. It took patience and purposeful mental work, but I started here. Then I started exercising regularly. No excuses - just showing up for myself, especially on days I didn't feel like it. Slowly, I began to feel better. I gained confidence.

Then, In September of 2021, I decided to start strength training. This was a game-changer. I started feeling STRONG... like I could conquer the world. The photos below show my progress over the last 7 months. I am 12 lbs from my goal weight of 150 lbs. I feel amazing and am so proud of how far I've come.

nybydakm7owu.jpg

I now strength train full body twice a week and do indoor cycling 2-3 times a week. I work full-time and make time to spend with my family. I've found balance and am absolutely loving life.

Replies

• CrustyOldMan
    CrustyOldMan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Well done.
  • Cheetah61
    Cheetah61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great job!!! You look fabulous, thanks for posting...gives me more incentive to keep at it!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I feel like I'm not progressing fast enough but TBH I'm not giving it 100%. I think the biggest problem is working out when I don't feel like it. (I've been cutting my workouts short.) Your story is encouraging! And helps me to do better.
  • AJBusjahn
    AJBusjahn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome work.
  • jmccoll649
    jmccoll649 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think all 3 of your pictures are great !, I hope the loving yourself was fixed by the first picture <3. Your weightloss is super and the strength training is definately working helping giving you great shape. You earned it.
  • emilypaige1992
    emilypaige1992 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    RaquelFit2 wrote: »
    Congrats on your success! I feel like I'm not progressing fast enough but TBH I'm not giving it 100%. I think the biggest problem is working out when I don't feel like it. (I've been cutting my workouts short.) Your story is encouraging! And helps me to do better.

@RaquelFit2 Honestly, the wake-up call for me was the saying "Choose your hard." Everything is hard. Being overweight is hard. Being fit is hard. But we can CHOOSE our hard. :)

Also, there is no finish line! Everyone is different. Progress is progress, no matter how long it takes to get there.
  • katelin_su1
    katelin_su1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    love this! we have similar measurements so this was very motivating to me!
  • SNAILTURBO2GO
    SNAILTURBO2GO Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing great! Im happy to see this inspiration. Ive lost weight in the past then slipped back into bad habits of life and somehow ended up bigger then I have ever been. Im off to a good start, but gees your pics are seriously inspirational, you are AWESOME, thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!