Overeaters Anonymous?

Options
I don't know how I never discovered this before but I just found out about overeaters anonymous and having been on MFP in the past (new me new account) I don't recall ever seeing any mention of them.

I am thinking of going to a meeting but wondering if people have had any experiences with them, good or bad that they may want to share. I like the idea of talking in a safe space and trying to hold myself accountable in a group but the handing myself over to a higher power and abstinence stuff is a bit much for me. Given my later feelings I'm wondering if joining could be helpful or if there is any way it could be harmful and I thought I would see if others have any knowledge of them (no need to violate anything within the anonymous piece).

Replies

• mikebujtas
    mikebujtas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you go to the "Groups" tab and then search for Overeaters Anonymous or OA, you should see several groups. They are not official OA sanctioned groups, but I've seen several that were started by OA members, so maybe that would be a good starting point for someplace in the app to check in.
  • DiscoveringDrea
    DiscoveringDrea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mike - very helpful. I didn't even notice the groups option.