"happy weight"

Options
Has anyone else had this? Whenever DH goes away for training, school, tdy, or anything else; I'm always eating better and exercising more than before. But, as soon as he gets back, its back to the same routine, which isn't a bad one but I seem to be either stuck at the same weight or gain some back. I've had other army wives tell me the same thing happens to them and they call it "happy weight" I guess them coming home makes a difference even when they weren't gone very long....
DH will be home VERY soon and I'm afraid the "happy weight" will come back.

Replies

• MAJackson88
    Options
    Has anyone else had this? Whenever DH goes away for training, school, tdy, or anything else; I'm always eating better and exercising more than before. But, as soon as he gets back, its back to the same routine, which isn't a bad one but I seem to be either stuck at the same weight or gain some back. I've had other army wives tell me the same thing happens to them and they call it "happy weight" I guess them coming home makes a difference even when they weren't gone very long....
    DH will be home VERY soon and I'm afraid the "happy weight" will come back.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like "hubby weight" than happy weight.

I think that when we eat with our men, we end up eating almost as much as they do... And that's just not a good idea unless we want to weigh as much.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My hubby is traveling for work this week. I've been eating my normal breakfast and lunch, but for supper, I'm struggling to get enough calories in to get me to 1200. I think it's because I'm cooking for myself, and I don't have to worry about what he likes/wants. I also agree with yellow_pepper, that you can end up eating more when we eat with them. You will probably have to watch yourself closely to avoid that "happy weight." Good luck!:smile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that has happened to me plenty of times this year I told myself I am not doing it anymore!!! I have done at least 4-5 times during our 12 year marriage.
  • shay12
    shay12 Posts: 20
    Options
    I completely understand where your coming from yesterday i planned a very good and health supper only to watch DH come through th door with a bucket of popeyes fried chicken so I ask myself has he even notice me working out for the past 3 months!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Yes it is true.=/ My hubby is military, and when he isn't home I eat better and exercise much more. It becomes much more difficult to maintain when he's around. I have done it though, it just takes alot more dedication and effort. =[ I'm sure you will do great though, since you already are living healthy and are aware of the "healthy weight" thing. I had no clue what was going on until my friend shared the same experience. :laugh: