Kids breakfast

Options
allother94
allother94 Posts: 588 Member
What do you feed you kids before school? I’ve got picky eaters…. Also, I’m lazy and don’t want to make pancakes etc…

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I used to make pancakes, French toast, etc. and freeze them. Lots of kids don't like eggs but what about peanut butter? Top off English muffins, bagels, etc. Breakfast foods don't have to be breakfast foods, let them eat sandwiches, leftover dinners, pizza, for breakfast. Even a simple sliced apple with peanut butter is healthy and filled with energy.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My kids (7, 5, 1) are very big cereal eaters. Especially if I let them pick out what cereal we buy. This is always a good go too if we are running late. I toss some dry cereal in a sandwich bag and they eat it in the car on the way to school.

Fresh fruit like pineapple, apples, grapes, mandarin oranges, or strawberries with some vanilla greek yogurt. I always cut up my fruit when I buy it and put it in tupperwear in the fridge. That way for a quick morning meal I basically just spoon everything out with minimal prep.

Nutella on whole grain toast. And if I'm feeling fancy some sliced strawberries or banana on top.

I put peanut butter on bananas and let my kids pick what cereal they roll it in. Cheerios, fruity pebbles, coco pebbles, honey bunches of oats. That way its fun and filling. And when you put everything on a paper plate it is a quick clean up to toss it out when you are running out the door.

When I do make things like waffles on the weekend I make extra to freeze. Then just toss it in the toaster and serve with breakfast sausage links that can be simply heated in the microwave.