Food hacks

Options
blueliss26
blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
Looking for low cal food hacks.. your super guilt free snack ideas that won’t break your calorie bank… ways to put together foods that maybe we haven’t thought of. I’m into this sugar free jello and fat free Greek yogurt combo right now :

1 packet sugar free jello dissolved in 1 cup boiling water. Mix with 1.25 cups ice water. Put in blender on high for 45 seconds with 1 c plain Greek yogurt. Refrigerate 2 hours until firmed up.

Yummy with any flavor of jello, 130 cal for the whole recipe but it makes 4 good sized servings and can totally quench a sweet tooth.

I also love Greek yogurt mixed with PB2 and spread on a caramel rice cake for like 75 cals.

Fat free feta is a super flavorful cheese and a whopping 35 cals for 1/4 cup.

Caramel premier protein in my am coffee is the first tolerable creamer substitute I have found.

What are your tried and true low low cal tricks?

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    I like cheese dips (I’m a huge cheese fan). Low fat Greek yoghurt or fat free crème fraiche, grated low fat high protein cheese, chives and seasoning, and served with carrot and cucumber crudités. High in protein, tasty and rich, not too high in calories and filling. And I have a carrot secret addiction so I can eat a pound without being judged 😀
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    If you crave some crispy and savoury, microwave poppadoms. Buy the ones sold for deep frying at home but put in the microwave for a minute on high. They puff and crisp, getting very brittle as they cool. I like a dip of no fat yoghurt with some chutney stirred in.

Similarly asian prawn crackers sold for deep frying at home (30 seconds). Fat free tostadas and nachos can be made the same way from corn or flour tortillas (2 minutes turning every 30 seconds).