vegetarian, high protein snacks!

Options
any ideas?!?! Im having a hard time getting alll of the protein I need and I need things I can bring with me to campus during the day that are high protein and vegetarian! I'm already very into almonds and greek yogurt so any ideas besides those?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    protein bars, protein shakes, trail mix, cottage cheese, low fat cheeses.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of edamame has 9g of protein. I also get pre-packaged individual servings of cheese (babybel, sargento are both good) for 5-7g. Protein shakes? Sunflower seeds?
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Morning Star veggie sausage links. Have them for breakfast with egg whites
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    love greek yogurt! if you have a full kitchen, why not bake some tofu/other meat thingies and cut them into cubes? umm I eat cheese, low/non fat string cheese is portable. nuts of all kinds, just watch the roasted/salted ones! nut butters, soy milk (with
    morning breakfast cereal?)

hope this helps!
  • turtlegirl4718
    Options
    Edamame (Soybean Seeds)
    I usually by the frozen one's in the pods, but you can buy them already shelled.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    This was posted today and they sound pretty yummy. I am sure that the ingredients can be modified to suit a vegan! Good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/346868-video-of-me-making-high-protein-pb-balls
  • rocko123
    rocko123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you can find them, these are a convenient way to eat edamame: http://www.seapointfarms.com/dry-roasted-edamame.html
  • abbyph311
    abbyph311 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get most of my protein from egg whites with spinach and cheese for breakfast. CLIF protein bars are good for on the go.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, greek yogurt, beans, eggs, protein shakes, etc.

feel free to check out my diary, i get well over 100 g each day :)
  • loulouwill
    Options
    How about a portion of edamame? I buy them pre-shelled and frozen, put 75g into a small container (maybe with a little salt) and microwave them at work - 120 cal, 13g protein, 5g fat, 10g carbs.

The dried edamame are also pretty good (like soy nuts).

I also eat a lot of greek yogurt and almonds!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    String cheese! Low fat, part skim Mozzarella.
  • katinka13
    Options
    buttermilk, eggs, cheese and a lot of fresh seeds in salads do the trick for me.