Calorie deficit diet

Options
Hi yesterday I made a month of being consistent with the gym my goal is to tone my stomach and face which I would obv need to lose fat so I’ve been trying to do a calorie deficit diet has this diet worked for anyone else any recommendations?

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    ALL diets with the goal of weight loss are accomplished via calorie deficit.

A "calorie deficit" simply means consuming fewer calories than your body uses (flip side, a "calorie surplus" would be the opposite, eating more calories than you burn, thus gaining weight).

The deficit can be created by decreasing input (eg, consuming fewer calories), increasing output (eg, upping your physical activity), or some combination of the two.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the Maintaining Weight and Success Story forums if you are looking for inspiration.

Dieting styles to achieve a sustainable calorie deficit are hugely variable but for weight loss it's the calorie deficit that works, the stye of eating just makes the process easier or harder on a personal basis.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Anyone who lost weight did so by the calorie deficit diet - which is any way of eating which creates a calorie deficit.

Lots of recomendations - read through the stickied threads to find them.