Injury weight

Options
jcordova8445
jcordova8445 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
I’m new to this. I have been trying to lose some weight since I started rehabilitating from my injuries. I gained a lot of weight in the last 17 months, and I am ready to take it off. Not sure if anybody is going through something similar, but it would be nice to meet people that are going through similar struggles. I had been immobile for a very long time, not until recently have I been able to stand/walk.

For the last month and a half I have gradually started walking, I am very slow because of my past injury. My short term goal is to be able to walk 1 mile in one hour. That can kinda tell you how slow I am.

OK…. So I just really wanted to introduce myself and what I’m struggling with. Hope to meet people on the same or similar paths.

Replies

• mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me. Was in a similar situation but am farther along in recovery. Short version. Workplace injury caused it all. I had a spinal fusion c5 - c7 in 2019 and gained alot prior to and post surgical. Also I have had 2 shoulder surgeries as well. Started walking slowly. It is the only exercise I am allowed to do. That said, walking with calorie control has enabled me to loose the weight. Not at goal yet but definitely on my best path.