Weight & Craving Spike monthly...

Options
Does anyone know if it's true that during a certain time of the month, it is possible to gain several pounds and get crazy cravings?? Any thoughts on this?? This is a huge battle for me.

Replies

• tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Um, absolutely. Your metabolism tends to kick up around the same time your monthly "friend" is about to come for a visit. I can gain anywhere from 3-7 lbs during that time, depending on my craving levels and if I've gotten my monthly migraine or not. It's getting better the more weight I lose and the more active I become, but it's still definitely an issue.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Are you serious??? I'm a grown man and can answer that question.
  • martina123321
    Options
    Its huge issue for me too!!! I'm a nightmare at this time. I have gained 8lbs before and it didn't all go!!! Since I have been losing weight I have managed to control the weight gain alot more by increasing exercise but as for the cravings they beat me every once and while. But I have learn't to say no too xxx
  • konatreehugger
    Options
    Are you serious??? I'm a grown man and can answer that question.

before I started losing weight, I never checked my weight, or monitored my cravings or eating habits... now that I am, I'm noticing all kinds of habits...I never knew they could be associated. I never cared as to why I was feeling a certain way, I just did what I wanted... ate.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's true that during a certain time of the month, it is possible to gain several pounds and get crazy cravings?? Any thoughts on this?? This is a huge battle for me.

My weight can go up and down half a stone, that is just me. x
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get cravings for carbs and chocolate like you wouldnt believe!